Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beast Revelation

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    From my Jesuit training, apparently the post isn't directed at Catholics either....
    Technically I am still Catholic...

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Here is my sincere question. What does god think of a person who lives a Christ-like life but is not a Christian?

Good deeds won't help if you deny God. You cannot work your way to heaven.

Yppej
    Numerology can be manipulated to "prove" anything. When I was a child certain Latin inscriptions on his crown et cetera were converted into numbers using the letters as Roman numerals to prove that the Pope was the beast with the number of 666. But now with the increasing secularization of American society, given their dwindling numbers evangelicals need allies and have decided that Catholics, who have continued to assimilate over the generations, are acceptable, so the new beast, fitting with the current Islamophobic political climate, is a Palestinian. This also jibes with Trump's courting of the hard right Jewish vote.

What if when we saw numbers, we just saw numbers? Chaim Potok wrote some interesting books about numerological religious folk. One of them ends with the protagonist seeing that clouds are just clouds.

I am actually rather offended by this. I saw a huge snapping turtle today while I was fishing -- beautiful animal, really. I paused my fishing just to watch it swim on by. I remarked to another fisherman: "See that turtle?! Wow!"
    No offence intended, just amused. Sorry.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

As a Believer, I must put in my two cents. If this is Forum: Simple Spirituality & Religion

Why is it the "Wrong forum dude!"
    While I may not agree with the findings, We will all have our personal end time. (Dirt Nap) I knew about the year is as a thousand years, but had never thought to apply it creation. As far as can you be a christian and not go to church. Maybe, but my bible still says "
    25not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near." Yes this is the wrong forum, but maybe he dosen't know you yet. And just like the rest of your posts, I will take it with a grain of salt.

My little google search says about 10% of Americans think they will see the end times in their life time. My favorite was "biblical references to climate change and end times". It seems to me like the religious definition of heaven restricts entry to a number of other religions believing in God. Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, and even Catholics have their own requirements beyond accepting the belief of God and Christ as the Savior of man and the rest of us are out. I pretty much get hung up on that. It doesn't seem very Christian.

I'm looking forward to the rapture, personally.

Preaching annoys me and so does trying to convert people. I had to hang a big no soliciting sign with grumpy cat giving his middle finger before the Mormon’s and Jehova witness’s decided it was a bad idea to ring my doorbell on a weekly basis.

Yppej
    As far as can you be a christian and not go to church. Maybe, but my bible still says "[/COLOR]25not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near." [/QUOTE]

Matthew 18:20 "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."

Matthew is quoting Jesus. Hebrews is by an unknown author.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    As far as can you be a christian and not go to church. Maybe, but my bible still says "[/COLOR]25not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near."
    Matthew 18:20 "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."

Matthew is quoting Jesus. Hebrews is by an unknown author.[/QUOTE]

Very good come back. I like this reply.

Thread Information