Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going back

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Who does “ employee health” in your context work for? I think it means someone from your employer’s Human Resources Dept. but am not sure.
    Employee Health is completely separate from HR. They handle all FMLA processes as well as all OTJ injuries.

Thank you Iris. Any vote of confidence in this is helpful, I have no idea what is a good idea. I know what people do for injuries but I have never known of anyone who took a leave for mental health. I do have DR notes approving what I am doing, I could have asked him to add that I can't work over 8 hours in a day or that I should not work schedules that change more than 2 hours in start time. That means not working at 6 am one day and 10 am the next. That kinda messes with my brain although I have been doing it all year.

Okay I am in the building, I saw 2 nice people so far, and I am about to open emails.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Employee Health is completely separate from HR. They handle all FMLA processes as well as all OTJ injuries.
    ok, they are separate from your HR
    department, but are they paid by your employer? By an insurance company? By a government entity? Or ?

I ask because I truly dont know, having never worked for an employer who has “employee health” workers involved in any personnel issue.

I am not sure what employee health is like either. I know we have an EAP (employee assistance program) that have certain benefits like my 5 free counseling appointments and a free legal consultation.

I started at 295 emails and now am down to 143. A lot of pinterest updates since I have a few boards for training staff. Check in is in 15 minutes. I didn't get the job I interviewed for on Monday but had a good interview this morning. I have to wonder what they were looking for? Or maybe I am too high on their payscale with the masters and years of experience. The one this morning actually brought up pay and that was good. They had a concern it was a paycut. It is within my living wage range, so I told them it was fine and that I wanted some energy for side projects like teaching crochet.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    ok, they are separate from your HR
    department, but are they paid by your employer? By an insurance company? By a government entity? Or ?

I ask because I truly dont know, having never worked for an employer who has “employee health” workers involved in any personnel issue.
    It is a department of our organization.

Zoe, I dont know what to say about defining limitations on your hours as you describe in post #12. On one hand, you are perfectly within your rights to ask for accommodation, just as your employer is within rights to say “no, those are extraordinary accomodations you are asking for, cant do that.” Would it benefit you in the long run? I dont know, and this is where you seeking good outside advice (not the uncredentialed job coach person) might be a good idea.

I would really like to see you get a schedule with regular, predictible hours for a while because I think it would help you so much in recovery and healing.

Having unpredictible hours where you are needed on the worksite seems to be an essential part of your job, though.But who knows, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    It is a department of our organization.
    Ah, ok, thanks!

When I worked Payroll in a large hospital, Employee Health was a separate department but, it was clear to
    everyone that they were part of HR. This was more clear to people when your reason for being off work
    was work related (Workmen's Comp or something like stress especially caused by work/sup).
    I believe they sort of acknowledge this when they have an outside Employee Assistance Plan, these plans
    are mostly for mental/emotional/family issues and no one at work is to ever know you even used the Plan.
    Most of the people I knew would go to employee health Dr. for a sinus infection but, not home life stress (you didn't want them to know)

Thread Information