Thread: well that f-ing sucked

well that f-ing sucked

Yep, they started off the first day back with a long meeting with my sup and another higher sup on all the things I didn't get done. A lot of talk about my responsibility and my communication, with a few compliments at the beginning. A lot about how I should have told people that I needed help and that I apparently had a choice in taking this assignment! WTF, at the beginning my sup said that we were expected to do anything we were asked to do, and it was perfectly okay that they moved me around 3 times. Later the senior sup said that I did have a choice and could express that I could not handle it. I was very clear that if I had known the condition that the site was in there is no way that I would have taken this assignment even if it meant I had to take medical leave in order to do it. I also said that I had been out of the loop so I had no idea that students who were not registered would be attending, and I would never run a program like that.

There was one point that they made which was the transition from cafeteria to our program was not done correctly. I said several times that this was what we agreed to, I expressed I was not comfortable with it, but I absolutely followed the directions.

The senior supervisor was more understanding and I brought up an issue that was pending from our last improvement plan meeting where I was directly told I would not be getting support on because I had years of experience. I asked that it be documented.

Didn't get the job I interviewed for on Monday however this morning went well.

I hear strength coming from you regarding this. Good work.

Thank you!! It was so hard to sit there and hear I was making excuses. I hope I had strength. I wonder if getting so sick will count for anything in the end.

So I don't wish my sup anything bad but I am pissed I was put in this situation, and looking forward to my interview tomorrow.

I'm getting mental health issues just hearing about the meeting second hand.

(I take back everything negative I ever said or thought about the job I retired from. Obviously, I was in Nirvana and just didn't know it...)

Yeah, I doubt you could turn down that assignment. That is bogus. And even if you had said you could not do it they would have marked this in the “ZG not capable of X” column.

If your supervisor’s supervisor is in on this, things look very bleak for you, gotta say. Sorry.

What is your work assignement for the rest of this week, and after you return after next week?

They are sending me back to the site i had the breakdown at, how lovely! And part time is not going to really part time.

Very f*ing bleak.

I did get this in, they asked if i had a staff who was not completing tasks and did not feel confortable talking to me then who would be responsible. I honestly said that i would be partially responsible for the relationship. My sup and his sup were not at their desks for a long time after our meeting. Hopefully it was to chew his a** but no idea what happened. I was clear that if given the choice i was self aware enough to have said no.

Take all the vacation/comp time you have coming until your last day. Let them scramble; they've earned it.

Hi Jane, there is a policy specifically against that. I am not giving them the satisfaction of making me un rehireable for an entire district

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    Hi Jane, there is a policy specifically against that. I am not giving them the satisfaction of making me un rehireable for an entire district
    Good for you! You have a good 15 more years to work, and you don't want that blackball status there.

Yes Iris, sometimes i get frustrated that I am the one that is apprently mentally ill, i am pretty smart and capable at times

Thread Information