Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: I got the job !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    I suspect he cried over what he knew he was losing as far as an experienced person he could dominate and who actually took a lot of the work he did not understand off of him.
    That was what my mother thought, He said he learned a lot from me and I responded that I liked to hire people who did at least one thing better than me and empower them to do it.

During my absence he did not keep the work cell phone on or answer any calls or texts from my families. I will inform his supervisor because there are many things that really need to be taken care of urgently to set up the program for next year for success. One is that my families count on me being available and supporting them,

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    How he reacted? He cried. He actually cried and apologized if he ever hurt my feelings
    I am SOOOOOO happy to hear that! His loss. Too little too late.

YEA YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm actually happy that you were able to witness perhaps a moment of remorse on his part. No more whippin' gal for you ZG.

It's a NEW WORLD for you!

Wow! I wish we all could have been with you when you gave your notice, although I guess we were kinda there in spirit!

Will you have an exit interview? How gracious of you to care enough about what happens next after you're gone.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Will you have an exit interview? How gracious of you to care enough about what happens next after you're gone.
    This is for the families and community that I have grown close to. I now live in the neighborhood so I know I will see them, but that is not why. They trust me, they deserve someone they can trust in this position. For my kids with challenging behavior, the students with special needs, for the quiet kids who are always well behaved and get overlooked, for that parent who needs someone who cares about them, for the grandmother who is taking on another 2 grandchildren from the 10 who have been taken away from her daughter. They matter, and my work mattered, It has been difficult to get to this point and had to have my sanity on the line.

I take no joy in him crying, none. In my Buddhist frame of mind I am reminded that no being wants to suffer. So I wish him well (from a distance)

Wow! We knew you could do it and this is certainly a cause for celebration. "He cried"? I suspect he knows he is now one step closer to being dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    I take no joy in him crying, none. In my Buddhist frame of mind I am reminded that no being wants to suffer. So I wish him well (from a distance)
    Classy, ZG.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    I suspect he cried over what he knew he was losing as far as an experienced person he could dominate and who actually took a lot of the work he did not understand off of him.
    This. Crocodile tears, 100%. Now he knows his shit is going to bite him on the butt, hard.

So happy for you that you are getting out of there, ZG. I hope you find you recover quickly once you are back in a healthier environment. When I escaped my pyscho boss I was seriously depressed/PTSD-ish from how awful it had been for me, but within two weeks at my new job I was excelling and my new colleagues were so appreciative and warm. It really helped me turn things around quickly.
    "Seek out habits that help you overcome fear or inertia. Destroy those that do the opposite." Seth Godin

ZG, you are a better person than I because I would like him to suffer and learn something for the future. I hope he learns to treat people better. From working in human service I know what it feels like to have to leave families behind because we care so much but in the end you have to take care of yourself or you are no good to anyone. It always amazes me that places that should know better often treat their employees like crap.

Thanks all. I re-read the email detailing our conversation about everything I did not get done in the days leading up to my breakdown. It is pretty normal for the supervisors to write a list, document it, and then hold you accountable without any real discussion. If you ever work long hours to get it done then it is considered inefficiencies in your work. I am now trying to learn the new payroll system at 10pm which is kinda above my recovering brain. I just really want my staff to be paid, they have been so nice welcoming me back! I will work next week and then our camp is finished so I won't be leaving the staff at least. I met with my assistant from last year to tell him myself I was leaving, maybe he will get my job. I called my other long time staff and told her, and offered to be a reference if she chose to look for a new job.

I am not quite as altruistic as it seems, I have been aware that maybe the tears are kinda crap. I did tell him that neither one of us was going to be successful in our jobs working together. I am also processing a large amount of anger, anger that I am losing my families and that my career progress was eliminated in less than a year. Anger at the callous disregard for my basic mental health, in a field that should know a little bit better. But I have my kind moments too.

Thread Information