Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I got the job !!!!!

I know the salary may be a slight step back, but with a good fit and a positive attitude, you have shown you can work your way even higher. And balance in life is so important. Closer to home also means so much more time for yourself.

I am so very happy for you.

good news
    Trees don't grow on money

Congratulations!!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I'm glad to hear of this! Congrats and Best Wishes and kudos too for hanging in there and navigating things until this new opportunity panned out for you. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Believe it or not, I actually have a bottle of mead cooling in our fridge right now. Homemade, with our apples and neighbor’s honey. It is a dry alcoholic drink, not what you would think.
    I may have tasted mead years ago; I may have enjoyed it. Is it anything like kombucha?

Congratulations!

How much notice do you have to give at current location? How much additional PTO hours do you have remaining? Can you use those for a vacation break before the new job?

I'm so relieved for you to be departing the current toxic supervisor and expectations. Stand proud and strong. If supervisor is as manipulative/power hungry as in the past and this morning, he/she is liable to try to throw guilt your way over your FMLA. Should that begin, hold up your hand and say stop-I will not tolerate your criticism of mental health status.

YAY for you ZG! So relieved for you, to be out of that hellhole of a situation.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I may have tasted mead years ago; I may have enjoyed it. Is it anything like kombucha?
    I dont know what kokbucha is.

Mead is like champaigne, dry and white with light bubble action. This homemase stuff has some cloudy junk floating around in it. It is quite hgh in alcohol content The maker estimates as much as 16% alcohol in it.

Thank you all! I cannot just take vacation until the end however i do have a week vacation planned.

Depending on how my medical leave was handled, vacation or sick, i will get paid out between $3 to 6K for my unused vacation time

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I dont know what kokbucha is.

Mead is like champaigne, dry and white with light bubble action. This homemase stuff has some cloudy junk floating around in it. It is quite hgh in alcohol content The maker estimates as much as 16% alcohol in it.
    Kombucha is fermented tea; it has the cloudy junk (mother), but very little alcohol. It's the closest I come to drinking wine. It's bubbly, and can be dry.

Thread Information