Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I got the job !!!!!

It is good to open a new chapter in your work-life!

Hurrah!

Congratulations, ZG! This is wonderful news! Is it within your same school district? Do you keep the same seniority/benefits, or is it an entirely new employer entity?

Sending tons of HUGS your way Zoe Girl! Take a deep breath and relax!

Congratulations, ZG. Wishing you the best in your new position!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

So glad to hear...

Congratulations on your new post, ZG. I know anywhere is better than the awful job you have at present, even at a lower salary!

Congrats! So hoping this new job site has realistic expectations, good communications, and staff support.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

It is a new school district, my school district has burned me entirely. I have 2 people I know who want to report serious issues in this district right now. We just were banned from using CityYear (part of Americorps) because people used it against the rules.

I am at the top of their pay scale for this role, yes they actually have pay scales based on education and experience! The 2 districts I interviewed with had actual pay scales for these jobs, No more having a HS grad with 2 years experience earning the same as me. Benefits sound good, a stipend for health insurance and they offer Kaiser so I can keep my DR's. So essential for my brain DR. So I don't know exacts but that is okay, not like it would change my mind. The vacation accrual is less, and I never came close to using my vacation anyway.

Hey also 2 weeks off at the winter holidays!! No running camps during the whole break.

I am just heading to the office after I shower to turn in my notice to my supervisor this morning. Whew, It is going to feel good.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    I am just heading to the office after I shower to turn in my notice to my supervisor this morning. Whew, It is going to feel good.
    Wohoo! Stand proud and strong! Congratulations again on finding a new position with a fresh start. The past is past Breathe in deeply through your nose and exhale slowly (all that crap) out of your mouth!

Today is the 1st day of the rest of your life!

Thread Information