Thread: Give it a 100 (or 20 or 30 ....) Challenge - July 2018

Give it a 100 (or 20 or 30 ....) Challenge - July 2018

In August 2017, a few of us were inspired by the video at the link below. It's the story of a woman who went to the gym 100 times to try to get herself out of a rut. I saw it when George Takei posted it on Facebook along with the question, "What would you like to do 100 times?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5FkshLcNLQ

Her video was part of a larger movement online called "Give it 100" which, as far as I can tell, is now defunct.

I decided what I wanted to do 100 times was work on my fiction writing at least 30 minutes a day. The times do NOT need to be consecutive. Since I knew I would miss a lot of days here and there, I was aiming to complete my 100 days by January 15, but I actually ended up doing 110 times and finished them in mid-March.

Others joined in at various points - nswef has counted times of a certain number of steps a day and I think has also counted days doing 15 minutes of decluttering and/or some writing. Chicken Lady got 30 days in her studio in November and has also counted swimming and various housekeeping/decluttering tasks.

Anyway, if anybody else wants to join in for 20, 30, 100 or however many times of something, please do!

Hi All,

I'm back from vacation and wanting to make progress on my next 100 times of writing. I started in April but only got 20 times completed before I got caught up in the end of my teaching semester and grading.

Hopefully I'll get to #21 tomorrow.

Anybody else out there counting up times of anything?

Thanks EJ for updating..I have not kept count and will go back and do so, but I have been doing writing and the 6000 steps so feel pretty good! good luck on your writing.

Nswef, congrats on keeping up with the walking and writing!

I got back to writing today. Time #21 has been completed!

Yahoo!

Curious....how are you all keeping track of the times? On the calendar?

I practice Spanish every day and so far have successfully logged practice 120 days in a row. My goal is 365 days and being close to fluency by this time next year. I'm thinking of something else I'd like to do 100 times. Probably should be exercise related, but I also don't want to select something where I'll set myself up to fail.

Maybe do hand stitchery 100 times.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

KayLR, I just keep track on index cards that I keep in my purse. And then every 10 or 20 times or so, I report here.

Good for you on the Spanish practice!

My steps are on the calendar and I date my writing and have a sheet of paper I use, too.

I'm on #28 of my 100 times of writing.

On Day 128 of Spanish practice.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Thread Information