Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Setting A Decluttering Goal in Units of Time Using Flylady's Timer Method - July 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I would move the boxes upstairs and deal with it there. I think it would feel better to not be looking at it everyday.
    At the moment, they aren't that conspicuous and the rest of the downstairs looks nice, but I may do that eventually!

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    EJ, What a great reaction from your daughter! Together you may get even more finished. You've made huge progress and keeping the downstairs tidy, with both of you remembering to put things away will be easier. Good luck and congratulations.
    Thanks, nswef!

I did 1.5 more hours today. I spent it on taking everything out of the kitchen pantry, then putting back what was still worth keeping. Unfortunately, I found a lot of expired food that had to be thrown out, but I also put together a bag of stuff that was still good to donate to the food pantry. I sort of ran out of time at the end, so I wasn't able to really figure out a more organized system for the shelves, but it feels good to know what's in there and needs to be used up.

New total: 12.5.

My kids used to enjoy choosing which toys and clothing to donate once they had outgrown it. All 3 have become minimalist adults. 😄

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    My kids used to enjoy choosing which toys and clothing to donate once they had outgrown it. All 3 have become minimalist adults. 😄
    That's encouraging to hear. In addition to working on routines with her, I'm trying to get my daughter more and more involved every year in weeding out clothes, toys, and books. She's pretty good about it.

My kids all have less stuff than I do)

This morning before work I had about 10 minutes---I was charging my cell phone and waiting for that to happen, so I decided to get rid of a pile of papers that had accumulated on our sideboard. Sorted, filed or tossed. Now I won't see that when I get home tonight---one less irritation.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    This morning before work I had about 10 minutes---I was charging my cell phone and waiting for that to happen, so I decided to get rid of a pile of papers that had accumulated on our sideboard. Sorted, filed or tossed. Now I won't see that when I get home tonight---one less irritation.
    Way to go!

I've been working on other summer priorities the last week or so, but I did manage to eke out another 90 minutes today.

New total: 14.

Yppej
    I replaced and tossed a disgusting glasses case. The felt had worn off and there was gluey residue there instead. I am working on small changes to bring things thay spark joy into my surroundings without adding clutter and a $5 glasses case from Walmart did the trick.

So far DH still cleaning out the shed and rented a truck for the dump run on Tuesday. I made 2 trips to the thrift store this week with stuff so we are doing good.

Thread Information