Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Setting A Decluttering Goal in Units of Time Using Flylady's Timer Method - July 2018

Yppej
    DS now has the recycling barrel full. We need a dumpster, but I am not going to rent one. I moved the kitchen trash to another part of the house so we don't smell it until we have room to put it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    DS now has the recycling barrel full. We need a dumpster, but I am not going to rent one. I moved the kitchen trash to another part of the house so we don't smell it until we have room to put it out.
    That is great to have your son on board!

Yppej
    Yes, he goes in big spurts that impress me.

Yppej and Teacher Terry, it's very inspiring to hear of your progress, and rosarugosa, thanks for being such a great cheerleader.

I eked out another 1.5 hours today. It's slow-going but it's going.

New total: 17.5.

Yppej
    To me 1.5 hours is a lot.

Everyone on here is doing great! I only work p.t. so have more time than many here.

I managed four hours today. It was kind of emotionally exhausting because I'm having to make decisions about stuff that I'm not sure what to do with - which is how the stuff ended up in random boxes in the first place. But I'm dealing. I just keep saying to myself that no decision I make about where to put particular things has to be perfect. It's just a decision "for now" and I can always change my mind later if a better place to put it becomes clear. I really do think perfectionism is part of why I have clutter issues. I can't decide what to do with something and so I do nothing.

Anyway, it felt good to spend so much time on it today. New total: 21.5!

Yppej
    Impressive EJ!

Three more hours today. Still slow. New total: 24.5.

EJ, you are doing great! I worked in the yard a hour and then inside 4 more. Car loaded for thrift store. Since DH is finally getting rid of stuff I am thinking it might be helpful if I consolidated the junk in the garage and then he would be able to walk around in there to sort . Many boxes half full.

Thread Information