Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Daily Routines

Also, we have a dog door which I couldn't live without. We actually have 2 dogs, but one is very low maintenance and prefers DH.

Dog door here too! Our oldest dog had not been properly potty trained. He is highly food driven, so in his little mind he should get a treat each time he peed. Well, no! So he is a dog who - when removed from the dog door environment - needs to pee at least 4 times before you can trust him to be comfortable back inside. If I see his sweet face after one tinkle, I send him away! Not gonna cut it, dude! Try again!

We don’t have a dog door because all but 1of our dogs is between 5-10 lbs and being outside alone is too dangerous. We inherited my son’ big guy 4 years ago and if we are gone longer than 5 hours we just put him outside. We trained the little ones to pee pads. I use the washable ones instead of the disposables.

TT, I swear we had a hawk that thought my 12 lb schnauzer was fair game. My current schnauzer is over 20lbs, so the hawk has moved on!

We have hawks too and people have lost their small dogs. People also have been seeing coyotes right in town early in the morning or at night. Since the big guy is bigger than them not a issue but will be once he is gone. He is old.

The components are the same but time of year moves them around a bit. These days with high heat have really impacted our daily walks and I've had to do my gardening first thing in the morning as opposed to the afternoons.
    Get up at 7a, have coffee and read the paper while watching Good Morning America.
    Take dog for 3.5 mile walk come back and go to water aerobics.
    10a is breakfast and a bit of a rest.
    10:30 deliver Meals on Wheels until 12:30-1p
    Rest a bit and then check the ongoing chore list to see what fits for the day (or energy level), errands or appointments.
    Depending on heat level we will take another 3 mile walk with the dog after dinner.
    Sunday is somewhat a day off from everything because I'm on call from 7a-7p and can't get dirty or too far from the car.

Wrestle my way out of bed. Make coffee. Check BookBub, read email.
    Make brunch. Read.
    Negotiable.
    Watch news.

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    My morning routine is pretty simple. We're both quasi-retired -- but do in-our-home pet-sitting -- one dog at a time. If no dog in residence, one of us makes coffee and brings it to other person who is still a-bed. Later on, I usually make a simple breakfast -- veggie omelet or my new kick, 3 ingredient (egg, oatmeal, banana) baked "Oaty-cakes."

Then get on the 'net to check for emails, news, discussion boards, FB, etc.

Then weather permitting a walk or bike ride, of if not weather permitting, the gym for 1 hour to 1.5 hours.

If dog in residence then playtime in back yard or dog walk, if dog guest likes to walk. Some of our elder guests don't much want to walk...

Tues. mornings, go to library for volunteer work. Weds. mornings, go to women's breakfast.

That's about it...I'm easy to please and truth told, kind of lazy. Like to hang around the house, putter in the garden, read a lot...put on some tunes and dance around the kitchen.
    peaceful, easy feeling

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Wrestle my way out of bed. Make coffee. Check BookBub, read email.
    Make brunch. Read.
    Negotiable.
    Watch news.

Jane,
    I love reading your posts because you are to the point and very
    funny!
    Linda (in SoCal)

Thread Information