Part of the reason I started the daily list thread is that I've had a hard time establishing a regular daily routine. After many, many years of working and having a strict schedule, I suddenly found myself with the intoxicating freedom of getting to do anything I want, whenever I want. And it was good. Oh, the joy of sleeping in and lounging around all day!

But now it's been a while and I'm wanting to build structure into my life. Too much of a good thing. Instead of having to decide what to do every day, I'd like to have a daily routine that is automatic and doesn't require me to figure things out over and over. It gets tiring and is inefficient. And more often than I'd like, inertia takes over and I end up feeling like I wasted the whole day. On those days I miss the feelings of accomplishment that come from achieving goals and time well spent.

I've also been reading quite a bit about how soothing and nurturing a daily routine can be. How it can bring order and peace when life becomes stormy. I'd like that.

Do you have a daily routine? Or do you let the day unfold on it's own?