This situation just has me shaking my head and chuckling.

My diving instructors for all classes up to now have been a couple (guy/gal). They are a package deal. Been FB friends with them from the beginning.

Anyway, a few weeks back I noticed that comments guy instructor had made on a few posts of mine were gone. His profile was gone when I searched. Mutual friend confirmed he’s still on FB. I checked the gal’s FB page and she had me restricted from only seeing older posts I’d been tagged in (diving pics and the like).

I’d didn’t care guy had blocked me, just a little weird. He’s still very friendly as usual when I see him at the dive shop and quarry. Mostly people just unfriend you when they don’t want the connection unless other stuff is going on.

Anyway, a friend of mine was taking a night diving class from them and asked me what time to show up at quarry. I told him the time I had to show up last year (to check in before office closes) and added “unless you are advised otherwise.” Well, he asked gal instructor and it set her off. She sent me a rather nasty text telling me to not tell her students wrong info and that she will advise them about class specifics. Telling her that student had asked me did no good. Apparently quarry office is open later now than last year. How was I supposed to know that?

She’s a control freak. Goes with her full time job. That text left a really bad taste in my mouth as she was nasty when she didn’t need to be. So I blocked her on FB and blocked her mobile number as well (she mostly communicated via text). Didn’t think about blocking her email. She sent me an article on diving where I’m going on vacation in a few weeks saying she had originally intended to post it on my FB wall (I have my settings so no one but me can post stuff on my FB wall). I just said thanks and that’s it.

Last weekend I got a text from her (thought her number was blocked but maybe not). Anyway, she asked me how I could unfriend her on FB after all the time she spent on me (mentoring, one on one diving help, she got me swimming). She thought the text shouldn’t have been the last straw. I didn’t mention the text, but told her I was sorry she felt that way. Mentioned I noticed her boyfriend had blocked me and she had restricted me on her profile. Said I had really appreciated the time she had spent helping me. No response from her.

Frankly, I think she is mad that I keep refusing to do dive master course. It’s the level below instructor. You assist with classes, crew the dive boat, etc. I had repeatedly told her I wanted to dive wrecks not help with classes at the quarry. I also told her that I doing DM would be too much for me physically. You’re expected to do a lot of schlepping of tanks and other heavy dive gear. I have my hands full hauling my own gear let alone someone else’s. The liability issue is also a big thing for me. I don’t want any part of it.

Anyway, this was just me venting. I hadn’t mentioned this to anyone local as I didn’t want to affect anyone else’s relationship with her and guy instructor or it get back to her. Divers are a small community and people gossip.

I have no more classes I would take with them which is good.