Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: A job interview for The Ultralight...

I had that too Ultralight, In that case I didn't get the job but I did get one later. I know there are times I have been delayed even with a candidate I wanted to hire,and other times in the rush of hiring I didn't call someone back

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    They told me during the interview that they were interviewing various candidates and they would update me on Friday if I made it to the next stage in the hiring process. They were not going to tell me on Friday if I was hired or not.
    Ok, they should not have given you a specific day for the decision.

When hiring, I used to say “I hope to make a decision in the next few days” making no promises as to exact day, but clueing them that it would not be weeks.

Once in a while it WAS weeks if key decision makers were out on vacation, or the hiring was not pressing to fill the position and other issues took precedence, so I would tell them “this process will be taking a few weeks.” In this latter case I always kept in mind that truly good candidates would be swept up by other employers, so I made hiring a top priority 95% of the time. I was always amazed at my colleagues who let their hiring process drag on for weeks.

They told me during the interview that they were interviewing various candidates and they would update me on Friday if I made it to the next stage in the hiring process. They were not going to tell me on Friday if I was hired or not.
    i was told I would hear something Friday for a job I interviewed for as well, but I was told this by the recruiter and not the company. Only got that it was still unknown. And I do think it was close to a hiring decision. I guess I'm maybe not the first choice.

As for the hiring process dragging on for weeks though that has even happened after I have been offered a job verbally (and "they'll send me the information"), and then they disappear for awhile and only when I call and ask about it etc. do I even get an official job offer.
    Trees don't grow on money

They said Friday, or they said WHICH Friday?

Yesterday.

Well, from what you have posted, and I read it a couple of times, I keep getting the impression that if you didn't hear from them on Friday, you were no longer being considered for the position. Is that a possible interpretation and explanation for no contact from them. Not trying to be a downer.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Once in a while it WAS weeks if key decision makers were out on vacation, or the hiring was not pressing to fill the position and other issues took precedence, so I would tell them “this process will be taking a few weeks.”
    That is the way that communication should be handled. I, too, have seen such decisions stalled by someone being out of the office or some "Urgent 0.9" problem pushing everything else off the calendar. I realize candidates want to know as soon as possible, but I'd rather underpromise and overdeliver than give someone a date I do not absolutely control.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Well, from what you have posted, and I read it a couple of times, I keep getting the impression that if you didn't hear from them on Friday, you were no longer being considered for the position. Is that a possible interpretation and explanation for no contact from them. Not trying to be a downer.
    I think I am quite possibly still in the running. We'll see though. I am deliberating with myself if I want to take it or not if offered.

I did not get the job. They just called me.

I'm sorry to hear that, although at least you didn't appear to have your heart set on it.

Thread Information