Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A job interview for The Ultralight...

I don’t want an excited person interviewing. I want to levelheaded person interviewing, who recognizes that this is the transaction where they gain income and we gain some help. It’s perfectly fine with me if they don’t love their work as long as they’re willing to do it with a good attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    I don’t want an excited person interviewing. I want to levelheaded person interviewing, who recognizes that this is the transaction where they gain income and we gain some help. It’s perfectly fine with me if they don’t love their work as long as they’re willing to do it with a good attitude.
    I like enthusiasm. When I hired, I was attracted to that quality in a candidate. I don't care if working for me isn't the fulfillment of their highest dream, but I want a little "oomph." At least to start with. I'm not interested in working with robots. But maybe it depends on the job.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

If I make $88k then my student loan payment goes from $300 a month to $900.

I didn’t say I wanted a robot. But I also don’t want a cheerleader. I want a reasonable adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    I didn’t say I wanted a robot. But I also don’t want a cheerleader. I want a reasonable adult.
    I understand. I kind of like cheerleaders--maybe because I was one.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    If I make $88k then my student loan payment goes from $300 a month to $900.
    Now that’s progressive!

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Now that’s progressive!
    I am trying to figure out if it would be worth it, considering the $88k would probably bump me into a new tax bracket too.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Now that’s progressive!
    Progressive would be if you could get the public service loan forgiveness and go back to school for four more years or more on loans after the 120 th payment and then get the public service loan forgiveness again. Hey, if it was alright the first time.....why not the second?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I am trying to figure out if it would be worth it, considering the $88k would probably bump me into a new tax bracket too.
    Given the cost of living increase in Maryland, and high taxes, how would this impact your spendable/saveable income each month? How much faster would this get you out of debt? How many months at 900 dollars per month, and what is the difference in the "out of debt" dates? How would it impact your personal life and relationships with loved ones?

could you still bike to work? What about car insurance--would it go up insanely in the new place?
    Have you looked at the take home numbers at this new debt level? Does this job also qualify for the loan forgiveness program?

(You don't have to answer any or all of these, but these are questions I would be thinking about for your calculus of would it be worth it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Given the cost of living increase in Maryland, and high taxes, how would this impact your spendable/saveable income each month? How much faster would this get you out of debt? How many months at 900 dollars per month, and what is the difference in the "out of debt" dates? How would it impact your personal life and relationships with loved ones?

could you still bike to work? What about car insurance--would it go up insanely in the new place?
    Have you looked at the take home numbers at this new debt level? Does this job also qualify for the loan forgiveness program?

(You don't have to answer any or all of these, but these are questions I would be thinking about for your calculus of would it be worth it.)
    This job would take me off the PSLF plan.

The jobsite is in a very rural area. Hollywood, MD.

So I am trying to figure out your questions and others.

Thread Information