Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Washing Dishes By Hand

Yppej
    I was by hand. If the garbage disposal were not broken I would not mind.

We've never had a dishwasher and have no plans to get one.

Count me among the "love my dishwasher" crowd. Like Steve, ours heats its own water, uses little water, is super quiet, does a fantastic job, and makes one less chore to do around the house. I never had one until I moved in with SO and didn't mind doing them by hand when I lived alone. But I definitely don't miss it any more than I miss carrying laundry to the laundromat before I lived in a place with laundry in unit.

I am totally with Steve and JP)

No dishwasher here. Most times I don't mind doing the dishes as I have a window right over the sink and love to look outside while doing dishes. I enjoy the sense of accomplishment from even this simple task.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I wash dishes by hand in Hermann and do not mind it at all. I have to be a little more careful to wash every inch of certain diahes with hot soapy water because well, we let dogs lick dinner plates. With a dishwasher I presume everything is pretty well sanitized.

Washing goes quickly, and I do not bother to dry anything, I just put them in a drying rack.

It is the putting away of dishes that
    I dont like, but that takes place with or without a dishwasher.

I don't have a dishwasher in my new place, heck the kitchen is so small there is no microwave either. But it is very simple to wash a few dishes by hand during the summer since I eat very simple food. With a roommate however I will have to watch out in the winter because I tend to cook up a lot and then get sleepy and want to leave dishes in the sink. I won't do that living with another person however.

2 times when I was raising kids I had dishwashers break and it took over a year to get them fixed, so lots of dishes by hand over the years, with a family I really liked the dishwasher.

Thread Information