Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: goodbye notification

goodbye notification

I am writing the email that will go out to my department announcing my resignation. I want to write my own, but short and sweet. This is written as if I am writing to all my favorite colleagues and staff, and I want to sound like me.

I would like to announce that I am moving on to a new opportunity with X district. I have very much enjoyed my time here with my families, staff and colleagues. The DELCS family has long been dear to my heart, and I look forward to sharing all I have learned with my new program. My last day will be July 30th, and I have a vacation the week of the 23rd to 27th. My supervisor NH will be taking over all Centennial business for the upcoming year. Best wishes for an excellent 2018-19 school year.
    Last edited by Zoe Girl; 7-14-18 at 12:26pm.

Yppej
    Do they need to know where you are going? Any chance the evil supervisor would contact them and try to sabotage your new job?

When I worked at Dysfunctional Company exiting employees would not divulge this. We found out later by lookimg them up on LinkedIn.

If you don't say anything everyone assumes you were fired usually, not that I care but I want them to know I left with an opportunity. Maybe not mention the district.

Oh my boss would have to have balls to come after me, hahaha, never mess with Scorpio women

I agree, too much info being shared.
    I would not advise them who to contact unless you have a request in writing from the sup to do so. It is his job, IMO, to ensure families have the contact info or, through him, your replacement.
    ZG, let go of it.

My thought if you feel compelled to notify them:
    Dear (____) families,
    Please be advised that I am moving to a new position effective the end of July. I will always treasure my time with you.
    Wishing you all the best,
    ZG
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

What I would write:

I would like to announce that I am moving on to a new opportunity with X district. I have very much enjoyed my time here with my families, staff and colleagues. The DELCS family has long been dear to my heart, and I look forward to sharing all I have learned with my new program. My last day will be July 30th, and I have a vacation I will be out of the office the week of the 23rd to 27th; my last day will be July 30th. My supervisor Nefi Hernandez will be taking over all Centennial business for the upcoming year. If you need to reach me after that you are welcome to email me at ZG@gmail.com. Best wishes for an excellent 2018-19 school year.
    Nefi or whoever can be informed privately of whatever email address you want to use and I would give them that information stressing that you will help as you can (i.e., no commitments to solve problems or fix things) and that after, say, a month, they're on their own. You don't want to commit to being their safety valve/answer person for the next school year.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

All you have to do is tell a few people that talk to you where you going - word will spread through the grapevine

My suggestions:

1. Your last day is july 20.
    2. Do not give your personal email to everyone. Rather, for those you truly want to hear from, hand it to them personally or text them.

Include something like: I am really looking forward to my new adventure with new families and new colleagues.

I agree that this is the best.

I had a similar sense of emotional parting with my dental patients (some of whom I still run into) when DH's job transferred us. Most gave me a hug and simply saw the move as a necessary wise choice and carried on with their lives. I finally realized that the emotion was mine and I had to learn let it go. Change is the only constant and people adapt very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    All you have to do is tell a few people that talk to you where you going - word will spread through the grapevine
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thanks, this is NOT to families, just my department. He or the next PS can address the families. I will take out my email, but may keep where i am going since they see it on linked in and facebook.

Oops should not have put a name, i am going to edit that

And there's always the classic "See ya--wouldn't want to be ya!"

Thread Information