Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: goodbye notification

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    All you have to do is tell a few people that talk to you where you going - word will spread through the grapevine
    I would do this. They seem so eager to find fault and blame you for things-- make it a clean break, in my opinion.
    Just let go of this job, for your own sake.

I don't see anything wrong with the original email, only I might not tell anyone where exactly I was going (or update linked-in until I had the job for several months - yea paranoia).
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with the original email, only I might not tell anyone where exactly I was going (or update linked-in until I had the job for several months - yea paranoia).
    One problem is that she would be telling people who to contact when she does not work there anymore, which seems to be overstepping. If she no longer works there, she no longer has that kind of authority to be directing people with whom to contact about problems.

I say make a clean break, don't worry about what they say, and put it behind you. Just my opinion; it is a dysfunctional workplace and I would not be taking responsibility for anything that is happening there.

I totally agree with Tybee. I would not tell them where I was going and I would take it off of Facebook. I don’t put anything past that crazy man.

Zoe Girl, you may have already sent your email, but I'd like to throw in my opinion here; this is what I would ghost-write for you:

"I would like to announce that I am moving on to a new opportunity with another district. I have very much enjoyed my time here with my families, staff and colleagues. My last day will be July 20th. Best wishes for an excellent 2018-19 school year."

Short, sweet, to the point- without sharing in writing any information that can be forwarded or otherwise used against you. Then you can speak privately and share your private email/phone number with anyone that you wish.

Like others have suggested, I would also be very careful about sharing on FB or updating my LinkedIn for many months, maybe even the whole school year, and certainly Not before your actual start date at your new job. (check your FB access, tighten if necessary)
    Last edited by mschrisgo2; 7-16-18 at 12:23am. Reason: spelling!

Thread Information