Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6 more days, OMG

6 more days, OMG

Okay I am going to really be challenged these last 6 days at this job. I had another thing I missed on Friday (printing of course) and I simply don't care, but I am sure this supervisor will also want to talk to me. I really do not think there will be any point where any of them have an insight into what position I was put in this year. I just want to say that I am obviously not suited for this job and department anymore, lets get some last tasks planned, and please for the love of g** do not have me print and copy any more! It is a pain in the rear while all of you are sitting in an office with printers and copiers all day. I realize how sh**y that has been, they give me a site last minute and could have just done some of these things, what a concept.

Which leads to the meeting to finish up the tasks, I was given my list and how I should handle things if I think that there is a problem. They had a point that it is an excuse if it is after the fact and a reason if it is before. Okay makes sense, now do I have any assurance of getting assistance when I call to share a problem. Do I have any assurance it will not AGAIN be a 10-30 minute berating for simply calling and having a legitimate problem? I am actually purging out some of this by making a document of what I have asked for help on this year and how that has gone. Maybe it will go somewhere, however ,...

My little a-ha moments are not going to go anywhere,

My hurt feelings are my own

my feedback may or may not be listened to

My fantasy moment of justice is not gonna happen

And I teach crochet today

My retreat starts Saturday!

I start my new job on the 2nd!

And they all have to hire about 10 new PS's, staff my site for 75 (I have not been staffed for more than 45 ever), put together the entire new year program, and meet the needs of my families or my families and the principal will let them know they are not happy

When I was going through my last hellish phase at work, somebody over on the MMM forums gave me a great slogan to use:

Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Repeat as needed.
    "Seek out habits that help you overcome fear or inertia. Destroy those that do the opposite." Seth Godin

Great one!

I also say 'lack of prior planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part'

They were in charge of this no matter how much they try to make it about me.

edited to ask:
    did you give any feedback or an exit interview when you left? How do you feel about that?

ZG, given their history of duplicity and cruelty, why would you take part in an exit interview? You also need to protect your own mental health and your reputation. I would decline one if it is offered. Check out this article, makes some great points:

https://www.recruiter.com/i/should-y...xit-interview/

Very good Tybee, I am concerned about my mental health and getting into this rabbit hole of crap. My friend recently left and I don't know if her exit interview will make any difference at all. She was pretty honest, but also her basic mental health was not at the point mine is. I am looking into how to make an anonymous report of unsafe conditions at our camp programs. There are 3 of us from different schools/departments that are looking into this. But it is still not my circus, not my monkeys.

The one thing was that it mentioned if surveys had ever made a difference. Well our district does take those seriously. I have had 2 managers get very low scores and then were put through additional training. One ended having a great relationship with many of us after that. The other is current sup,

Give as little attention to this job as possible. You are marking time for 6 days.

Yppej
    If it helps you can do what I sometimes do. Count not just days but hours. The number will decrease quicker so you have a sense of progress.

I am going to focus on all my new hire tasks for the new awesome job

Zoe, if they start crapping on you, stand up for yourself. You have six days left and nothing to lose.

Something along the lines of, “I wonder if you’ll treat my replacement the same way you did me?” Call the sup a bully to his face.

Thank you, as an introvert I need to practice things so I have a few things I can say. My mom says keep it short and to the point.

One is " I didn't fake my breakdown, I didn't do this to get out of responsibility. I know it can be very confusing from the outside, it was a very serious medical situation that I needed appropriate treatment for."

Thread Information