Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6 more days, OMG

Zoe, if you can do sarcasm, I’d say put it to good use now. I’d not pull any punches.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Zoe, if you can do sarcasm, I’d say put it to good use now. I’d not pull any punches.
    Oh bwa ha ha, I am excellent at sarcasm. I used to have a sign up "National Sarcasm Society, like we need your support"

"Of course I would believe him when he says I am not taking responsibility or that I have not informed him when there is a problem. After all I only have almost 8 years of good work in this department and he has a 20% approval rating from his staff."

" Sorry that my concerns about safety and following licensing guidelines are interfering with your insistence on working with a chronically unprepared department providing tutoring."

"So I am not taking responsibility at a camp site when you have had months to know that they were not prepared to the point I don't even have classrooms arranged or basic supplies just a week before we start."

" I know it is asking a lot, but actually giving me staff's last names and phone numbers on the spread sheet would really improve my ability to do my job."
    Last edited by Zoe Girl; 7-15-18 at 9:14pm. Reason: more snark

So happy that this will soon be in your rear view window!

Can I be honest, It is horrible to think about how unprepared they were for the field trip, how many phone calls needed to be made and generally what a wreck it was. However I am seriously disappointed in the supervisors that they have not taken responsibility for only passing off checklists to me and then not listening when I struggled to get it all done. After a year of supporting a supervisor who did not respond to my requests for appropriate assistance.

I have a list of over 10 times I have asked for help or shared something i struggled with over this last school year and didn't get a response or support. I will be turning this in, and letting it go.

ZG, I think it would be healthiest for you just to let this all go.

Given you concerns about lack of preparedness/compliance, if you do report things you might want to point out that failure to observe proper procedure can have tragic results. Five kids almost drowned -- and two are still in hospital, one in critical condition -- after camp supervisors here in Seattle failed to properly monitor what was going on with a group of over 100 campers at a local public beach. While the camp press release claims camp staff and parents were involved in the rescue, earlier reports were that it was unrelated bystanders (including some just-arrived tourists from the UK) who noticed the kids were struggling and managed to get them out of the water:

http://komonews.com/news/local/camp-...discovery-park
    "Seek out habits that help you overcome fear or inertia. Destroy those that do the opposite." Seth Godin

lhamo, I am trying, really really trying. I called the leave people and they really couldn't advise but did tell me who to call if I had concerns. Right now I don't expect anything from anybody at all, that all my positive relationships are pretty much shot there and I trust no one.

lhamo, I saw that story on the news last night and I was wondering where the adults were. Good grief!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

That is my biggest fear ever! I plan my vacations around being on all swimming field trips. I was a swim instructor and a lifeguard in my teens. At one swim field trip we were on with another camp group in our department. One child was struggling in the water and my staff helped them, another staff was honestly asleep on a lounge chair! We definitely reported that to our department. Scares the crap out of me,

Just let it go. Nothing there is your responsibility anymore.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Thread Information