Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wahhh, Wahhh.......The American Build-a-Bear Crisis!!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    The thing that saddened me about this story was thinking about what these (mostly) moms are teaching their (mostly) daughters. That it's OK to stand in line for hours to buy stuff that has been very specifically designed to lure you in. I recall how strong it was to resist those forces when raising children (in my case, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) but somehow convinced DD at a fairly young age that advertising was trickery. We would make a game of it by questioning motives and techniques.
    +1 --- remembering the Cabbage Patch craze----my girls never got one. And still they loved me.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    +1 --- remembering the Cabbage Patch craze----my girls never got one. And still they loved me.
    That's OK--I have two. I didn't get a lot of toys/dolls i wanted as a child, so I bought them when I grew up. Kind of along the lines of "It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

Except for the erector set...I never did get that. Probably why I'm not an engineer...

LOL..........."It's never too late to have a happy childhood." Hmmm.....I should work on that. Maybe I can still have one.

Yppej
    Second childhoods!

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post

Except for the erector set...I never did get that. Probably why I'm not an engineer...
    I had the erector set but gave up the possibility of being an engineer when I failed out of calculus junior year of high school (it was the first math class that wasn't intuitively obvious to me. which I didn't figure out until halfway through the semester and getting caught up just seemed too daunting.) I wish I still had the erector set though. That thing was awesome! I used it to come in second in my high school physics class mousetrap car competition. It went almost 30 feet!

Thread Information