Thread: my crochet was so much fun

my crochet was so much fun

I loved my class! It was 2 sundays for 2 hours each and I have one scheduled every month.

The first class we spent about 30-40 minutes going over the foundations, yarn contents and weights, hooks and tools, and basic pattern reading. I put up directions on the board and walked them through single crochet, half double, double, etc. Then we tried to do a rib stitch, one person was not up for that which was okay. Getting into patterns was fun, one woman wanted to get out of the pattern rut so I started her on a twiddle muff project which is perfect for trying new patterns and yarns. The other one wanted to get some help on her current project.

Today I added some more about guage and how to fix mistakes. Then we just did some problem solving and started a quick project for a market bag that is stretchy and perfect for veggies. One class member did not believe that the bottom of the bag would work, so she tried it and then told be later that she just had to trust but was excited that it worked. While we were working an older lady stopped by and asked about the class and put her name on my newsletter list. That was super cool. One class member said she wants to take this again, I was working on learning a flower quickly to decorate a headband she was working on.

I haven't looked at the feedback forms yet, I think they are good but I have a weird thing with my brain right now where I am watching anything that gets me out of a certain range of emotions, even positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    I haven't looked at the feedback forms yet, I think they are good but I have a weird thing with my brain right now where I am watching anything that gets me out of a certain range of emotions, even positive.
    I agree. Healthiest for you to wait. Do you have another appt with your counselor? Consider taking them along for her/him to evaluate and ask her/him to give them back to you when she/he believes you are ready.

Your head is in a good place to begin healing from all the trauma. Keep up the good work! YOU ARE ENOUGH!

Awesome!

Gardnr, thank you so much! I feel that compared to my last half breakdown about 10 years ago I am so much better prepared to handle this with meditation, support from Buddhist teachers, and medication. It means so much that people notice.

Thread Information