Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump, Putin, US, Russia....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Alright then.....I've gotten up to speed a bit on this, Trump's latest quagmire of insanity and it actually seems as if some Conservatives are pissed off at him too and there are those on BOTH sides of the aisle (though more Democrats is what I am gathering) calling his behavior at the summit treason. Interesting......though treason to me is such a cheap word when you get right down to it. I've always considered it treason that the lives of American citizens are not worth socialized medicine - treason to human rights and human dignity, though not treason to those who cash in on this lack.

My point? Many would disagree with me on this, and because of this, treason to me is a very shape-shifting and cheap word (whereas to others it's a very firm, line in the sand, black and white concept). I would hazard to guess that Mr. Trump does not see his behavior as treason......wonder how this is going to play out for him going forward? I would even agree it's a bit hypocritical of those in the 85006 who would call Trump's behavior treason as many of those who might say this are not especially pro-American anyway, which really dilutes the word treason in this case.

Interesting times we live in, no? Rob

Yppej
    Republican bigwigs were supposedly outaged after Charlottesville too. I think it is all talk.
    Last edited by Yppej; 7-17-18 at 5:07am.

At some time or another T has demonized or verbally debased a lot of decent Americans, politicians on both sides of the aisle, leaders of allied nations that have fought next to us in more than one war, and our neighbors on the north and south. I've never heard him say a disparaging comment about Putin. Some thing is wrong with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    At some time or another T has demonized or verbally debased a lot of decent Americans, politicians on both sides of the aisle, leaders of allied nations that have fought next to us in more than one war, and our neighbors on the north and south. I've never heard him say a disparaging comment about Putin. Some thing is wrong with this.
    He seems to really relate to people who can kill with impunity--Kim Jong Un, Duterte, Putin...They're "strong," don't you know.

Williamsmith
    If one would exercise a modicum of historical perspective, it would temper any claims of an impending apocalypse at the hands of Donald Trump.

Really, why would anyone have expected him to behave appropriately? He has shown over and over that he flat refuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    If one would exercise a modicum of historical perspective, it would temper any claims of an impending apocalypse at the hands of Donald Trump.
    You're right, of course. Whenever I start listening to alarmists like the aforementioned Malcolm Nance, I'll just calm myself by thinking of Caligula and Vlad the Impaler. So much better now.

My mom said that her German grandpa was convinced that hitler was Germany savior. When he got the German newspaper about hitler invading Poland he grasped his chest, had a heart attack and died. My mom was 10.

Williamsmith
    4:30am April 12th, 1861

At least once a year, I have dinner with John Brennan and James Clapper, and a whole bunch of other interesting folks I used to work with. I think treason is afoot,

Thread Information