Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Trump, Putin, US, Russia....

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Why not the same humility about global warming science? haha
    With respect to the topic at hand....according to the latest propaganda, it would seem that the Russians will get me long before global warming does. Interestingly, Putin has acknowledged the need to address the effects of climate change. He should get brownie points for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Putin has acknowledged the need to address the effects of climate change. He should get brownie points for that.
    That would make him a better EPA head than Scott Priutt was.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Did the Cold War with Russia ever really end? Gorbachev in his era tried. It failed because the population didn't choose that option or were not prepared for the consequences or whatever.

It seems to me that the US public is being asked which option they prefer? What are they being offered? Realistically and based on stats, US jobs have been lost largely due to automation by US/global corporations and that is accelerating. There is no quick fix for that. Please advise me of what has been offered over the past 1 1/2 years to change that? By anyone?

The national debt and world debt is totally out of control when considering government (national, state/province, municipal) all pensions are underfunded making the odds of a peaceful retirement for most a huge challenge in a decade or two. How will the populace be informed?

To conclude, I believe that the communication of the leaders to the US populace is the most important it has ever been. If it is manipulated in any way by outside countries, every US citizen should be deeply concerned. What is ultimately chosen is not as important as being able to choose. Do you agree?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

People continually speculate about what it is Putin has on Trump that makes Trump so servile. The pee tape is one oft-cited possibility, but that may be because it's so easy to make jokes about.

I think the much more likely explanation is money. Trump has never given much indication that he feels embarrassed by his disgusting sexual behavior. But I think he's very, very psychologically invested in his self-image as a billionaire.

The Russians must have a ton of evidence about Trump's finances, since it looks like he's been largely bankrolled by oligarchs for the past two decades. Nevertheless, I don't think Trump would even be embarrassed by proof he's been laundering money for the Russian mob. The dirty little secret he's terrified the world might learn is that he's not only not rich, he may in fact be broke. That would tear out his fragile sense of self-esteem by the roots.

Yep- push for the taxes to be investigated, push for investigations and revelations of money laundering and ties to our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by oldhat View Post
    I think the much more likely explanation is money. Trump has never given much indication that he feels embarrassed by his disgusting sexual behavior. But I think he's very, very psychologically invested in his self-image as a billionaire.

The Russians must have a ton of evidence about Trump's finances, since it looks like he's been largely bankrolled by oligarchs for the past two decades. Nevertheless, I don't think Trump would even be embarrassed by proof he's been laundering money for the Russian mob. The dirty little secret he's terrified the world might learn is that he's not only not rich, he may in fact be broke. That would tear out his fragile sense of self-esteem by the roots.
    All the speculation on why Trump is paying all cash for anything to do with his 3 golf courses in Iceland, Scotland? There was mention of Russian money. He's never paid cash for anything till this.

I really hope that both trump and pence are gone soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    All the speculation on why Trump is paying all cash for anything to do with his 3 golf courses in Iceland, Scotland? There was mention of Russian money. He's never paid cash for anything till this.
    Money laundering is involved somehow, and has been for years, I would guess. I agree that sexual peccadilloes are a minor issue--Putin must have something much more compelling in his pocket.

I'll bet Putin would just love to "help with the investigation". He could find out how much we know and the methods of our own information gathering.

My speculation is that T is trying to cover up shady business deals that he or someone in his immediate family has made with Russia. He is going to have to squirm awfully hard to avoid some long term backlash on this one.

And yet his approval rating is still in the forties...

Thread Information