Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trump, Putin, US, Russia....

Williamsmith
    The words traitor and patriot are being wrecklessly bandied about by all sides. It’s hard to tell if the media is independent or just an arm of the intelligences. At least you are honest about your allegiance.

Yppej
    And my dad thought Bernie Sanders might have trouble getting elected if it became widely known that he went to Russia on his honeymoon with his first wife. But Russophilia is no longer a vice.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    The words traitor and patriot are being wrecklessly bandied about by all sides. It’s hard to tell if the media is independent or just an arm of the intelligences. At least you are honest about your allegiance.
    I, and my wife (photo left), have worked with the US intelligence community for many decades now. We both have great faith in the non-partisan wisdom of the folks who keep us safe in our beds. (Even if my first thesis was very politely asked to not be published...)

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I, and my wife (photo left), have worked with the US intelligence community for many decades now. We both have great faith in the non-partisan wisdom of the folks who keep us safe in our beds. (Even if my first thesis was very politely asked to not be published...)
    Photo left?

Somewhere, Reagan is weeping.

Photo left?
    See his post #20.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Somewhere, Reagan is weeping.
    It seems like Reagan has really fallen out of favor among the GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    It seems like Reagan has really fallen out of favor among the GOP.
    Not this right-wing reactionary running dog. I miss the cold war and I miss the Gipper.

Williamsmith
    Others are better at positing the reality of US - Russian relations than I am. Admittedly just a dumb retired public servant residing in a rusty state.....but I’ll share some opinions which interest me and have a hint of truth about them.

There is an organized program in place to “manage the perceptions” of the American people. Using fear and misinformation to frighten the populace into a mental state that is easy to manipulate.......this is nefarious when speaking of narrowing opinions meant to support economic policies toward third world states meant to effect regime change.

This is down right dangerous when meant to mold opinions when attempting to turn the populace against the Commander In Chief and dredge up support for a renewed Cold War with Russia. At a minimum it will cost us in expanded debt spent by the military industrial complex on development of new weapons systems. This money will necessarily never reach the social infrastructure that is being starved to death. And it could lead to an actual military confrontation with frightening consequences.

A question is, can the US continue to find countries willing to invest in its debt so it can continue its military spending or has Russia become a better technical source for people like the Saudi Arabians to purchase military wares. Putin is tighter than a tick on a hound with his people. And Russians have never been more satisfied given the hardships they have had to endure in the past.

Trumps nationalism and interest in tariffs to boost American industrialism would seem to expose the US to inflationary tendencies. This would have a disaterous result on the debt. And it would cause “hardships” The likes of which our current population has never been exposed.

Perhaps we do need “intelligence” people to guide us across the treacherous landscape. But like Lincoln’s dealings with southern traitors.....everything is said and done for calculated effect. I don’t mind being hooked now and again but not all the way up to the sinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Others are better at positing the reality of US - Russian relations than I am. Admittedly just a dumb retired public servant residing in a rusty state......
    Why not the same humility about global warming science? haha

Thread Information