Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Trump, Putin, US, Russia....

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    And yet his approval rating is still in the forties...
    I know! It’s the craziest thing!

And yet his approval rating is still in the forties...
    Based on the first chapter of Fire and Fury in which Michael Wolff reports that the Trump camp was more surprised than anyone that he actually won--none of them wanted to win, including Trump, and especially Melania who cried when he won, I have a theory.

How many of you guys know the plot of The Producers? The broke accountant and producer hatch this plot to talk rich investors into investing in a play that's sure to be a big flop. So they write and produce a show SO INTENTIONALLY BAD they expect that it will close in one night, and they get to keep the money.

Problem is, their show, Springtime for Hitler, is a big hit.

So this is what happened to Trump. He rolled the dice to get publicity for the next stage of his entertainment career, and it spun out of control, so he decided to do whatever possible to make people believe that he would be the worst president ever. So he stages the most politically incorrect campaign ever. He leaks the Entertainment Tonight video. He insults parents of soldiers. Who, he reasons, would vote for me now? And they did. So now he's desperate. He just wants to get back to Trump Tower, Trump golf courses, and Mar-a-Lago and enjoy his golden years. This whole President thing is a nightmare for him! But the most he can hope for now to make that happen really fast is impeachment.

Remember that truth is stranger than fiction.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I think there's a lot of truth to this.

My take is that he might not have expected to win, but Putin called in his chips, rigged the election to swing three critical states for Trump, and the rest is history. Trump is doing Putin's bidding--which is to disrupt, disrupt, disrupt. Putin can't contain his glee as Trump tells the G7 to go to hell, throws Asia into chaos by embracing North Korea, flinging South Korea under the bus, and institutes a bunch of tariffs likely to move even more jobs out of the country. He is fomenting toxic nationalism and picking fights with Mexico and Canada. I can't imagine how he could do any more damage to our government or to the world--short of starting WWIII--while Putin looks on approvingly. I guess there's evidence Brexit was another of Putin's schemes; he must be very proud.

Williamsmith
    I think there's a lot of truth to this.

My take is that he might not have expected to win, but Putin called in his chips, rigged the election to swing three critical states for Trump, and the rest is history. Trump is doing Putin's bidding--which is to disrupt, disrupt, disrupt. Putin can't contain his glee as Trump tells the G7 to go to hell, throws Asia into chaos by embracing North Korea, flinging South Korea under the bus, and institutes a bunch of tariffs likely to move even more jobs out of the country. He is fomenting toxic nationalism and picking fights with Mexico and Canada. I can't imagine how he could do any more damage to our government or to the world--short of starting WWIII--while Putin looks on approvingly. I guess there's evidence Brexit was another of Putin's schemes; he must be very proud.
    If only we had a leader like......God Damn I’m the Putin Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I know! It’s the craziest thing!
    Not really. It’s just an indicator of how successful the fox news state media has been at convincing his supporters that up is down and good is bad. But even they flinched yesterday. In the long run this sutuation will be one for the history books. In the same way that retroactive support for the iraq war is much lower than actual support was at the time, so too will lots of the current desperate suporters deny that support once the whole story comes out.

This man needs to be removed from office ASAP. Too bad his replacement would be Pence.....but still 'probably' better than the madman in charge.

Trump did exactly what I predicted he would do......which is to say one thing in Russia, then something different back in the U.S. It's becoming more and more clear to me that Trump lives his life as his father's son, kow-towing to people he considers above himself, and mis-treating the people he considers below him (which is everyone else). All of his behavior is a reaction to how his father treated him. People who get rejected, or when their father (or mother) holds out love for obedience and whose sense of self is overpowered, they sometimes go to the opposite extreme of thinking they are better than everyone else (to feel better for their true feelings of inferiority). Unfortunately, after awhile, they start living in that superiority all the time. BUT.......when they are around people they see as powerful (like their father was), they suck up to them.

Yes, it's a sad thing for Trump to have probably had this childhood. But..........we need to remove him from office.

This bullshit that he used the wrong word is just another manipulation of the truth. This man is a pathological liar (to only name a few of this neuroses/psychoses).
    What concerns me is all I'm hearing on the news is that "even if he did mis-speak that word"..... There's absolutely no believing that he mis-spoke. Why aren't people screaming "He's lying again!!!"

What has this country come to, that we have this mentally ill man in power? For the sake of everyone......Republicans and Democrats, he needs to be taken out.

No one who watched his press conference with Putin could possibly believe he misspoke in Helsinki.

It was also telling that he left out the line that referenced bringing "anyone involved in that (Russian) meddling to justice," part of the statement obviously written by his handlers.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    This man needs to be removed from office ASAP. Too bad his replacement would be Pence.....but still 'probably' better than the madman in charge.

Trump did exactly what I predicted he would do......which is to say one thing in Russia, then something different back in the U.S. It's becoming more and more clear to me that Trump lives his life as his father's son, kow-towing to people he considers above himself, and mis-treating the people he considers below him (which is everyone else). All of his behavior is a reaction to how his father treated him. People who get rejected, or when their father (or mother) holds out love for obedience and whose sense of self is overpowered, they sometimes go to the opposite extreme of thinking they are better than everyone else (to feel better for their true feelings of inferiority). Unfortunately, after awhile, they start living in that superiority all the time. BUT.......when they are around people they see as powerful (like their father was), they suck up to them.

Yes, it's a sad thing for Trump to have probably had this childhood. But..........we need to remove him from office.

This bullshit that he used the wrong word is just another manipulation of the truth. This man is a pathological liar (to only name a few of this neuroses/psychoses).
    What concerns me is all I'm hearing on the news is that "even if he did mis-speak that word"..... There's absolutely no believing that he mis-spoke. Why aren't people screaming "He's lying again!!!"

What has this country come to, that we have this mentally ill man in power? For the sake of everyone......Republicans and Democrats, he needs to be taken out.
    Cathy, Thank You. Your post here gets the point across in a sane, logical, and easy to understand way. I could not agree with your more and I dread waking up every morning these days in the sense of - What now, what next? What insanity is Trump guilty of now in the last 8 hours or so, given his love of tweeting early morning insanity? Rob

His retraction came across the same way his revised statement about Charlottesville did. Like a petulant, unrepentant child being forced to say he was sorry, even if he wasn't. And just as he was only able to last a couple of days after that before he went back to the whole "rah rah for racism" attitude, I doubt he'll make it through the week before he's right back to "rah rah for russia!" And his America-hating supporters will eat it up.

Thread Information