Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Registered for this, and pretty excited

I love it! My brother goes to a hand made chair 'camp' every summer. Don's ask me, he loves it. All hand powered tools.

We wanted to send my dad to beer camp, he is a little beyond that now but a few years ago that would have been cool.

Sounds like fun! I'd do it, and I hope you green some good info to enhance time with the youngster!

By the way Kay, you must be a very cool grandmother!

Well, I dunno...I think my cool factor is decreasing each year that goes by....but I do like to be outdoors, and so does he. His parents, not so much.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post

http://washingtonoutdoorwomen.org/workshops/weekend/

I did get into the fishing session, along with some rope/knot-tying and fire-making sessions. I would have liked to do the map and compass, but I'm still fairly ok doing that.
    Was this fly fishing because that would be a dream of mine. I have watched different fishermen and it almost looks like ballet with the graceful sweeps. The whole variety of the programs look like a lot of fun. Lucky you!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Good for you! Have a wonderful time planning for it and then doing it. You might be able to find an orienteering class with you local recreation council or community college. What a lucky grandson to have such an interesting Grandma!

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    Good for you! Have a wonderful time planning for it and then doing it. You might be able to find an orienteering class with you local recreation council or community college. What a lucky grandson to have such an interesting Grandma!
    Actually, I used to be a den leader for his cub scout pack and we did orienteering and map and compass stuff. And on the fishing, not fly fishing---just regular plunking. I don't really have an interest in fly fishing right now.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

What a cool camp, and congratulations to you for going!
    There are so many good courses; I wish there were something similar near me.

I often avoid these kinds of things because I don't like the socializing/dorm aspect. Did that put you off at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    I love it! My brother goes to a hand made chair 'camp' every summer. Don's ask me, he loves it. All hand powered tools.

Where is this camp, if you don't mind saying? My SO attended a timber-framing class in Kentucky this summer, all hand-powered tools. I think he'd like the chair camp.

Also, Kay, good for you for learning new things and enjoying the outdoors with your grandson. (I already know I'm going to be the 'indoor' grandma...!)

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    What a cool camp, and congratulations to you for going!
    There are so many good courses; I wish there were something similar near me.

I often avoid these kinds of things because I don't like the socializing/dorm aspect. Did that put you off at all?
    No, not really. I'm pretty introverted, but I will not let it stop me from "getting out there." I can be social. It's not my main goal to make friends, but it would be nice to have some fun conversations and meet interesting people. I imagine any woman who signs up for something like this is going to be pretty "go with the flow." Not too worried about anyone being in my space. It seems like up here in the NW we're pretty sensitive to personal space.

Thread Information