Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you pick up litter?

I have picked up litter going by and will continue to do so but I don't make a special effort to do so. What I and my walking friend try to do during every walk on a nature trail is clear the branches, walnuts etc on the trail that could trip another or make a problem for the cyclists using the trail.
    Every windstorm brings a new selection to work with.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

A word to the wise...
    My daughter related this story she was told by one of her patients.
    Lady went to visit her brother unannounced, he wasn't home but she was troubled by his ordinarily perfect front yard covered with trash.
    She spoke to him later in the evening and it turned out to be fast food bags loaded with used hypodermic needles...
    Be very careful picking up trash!

no but I rescued electronic waste from the apartment dumpster today and am going to take it to electronic waste. Yea I now have electronic waste clutter in my apartment that isn't even mine. But things really should be disposed of properly. It's not something I set out to do, I was just dumping some trash, it's just something I feel obligated to do sometimes.
    Trees don't grow on money

Ive picked up litter (mainly food packaging) near the apartment building where I live. When I have time, I will look at the grounds around me and pick up stuff. I am amazed at the amount of plastic that is discarded and have realized it's a major issue not merely for me but for everyone. It's not easy to replace it with other materials but sometimes you can avoid using it to begin with. The food coop to which I belong has formed a group of members and staff to examine how we might use less plastic packaging for our prepared foods and other products.

Yppej
    On my property yes, except one time there was a needle and I didn't touch that. A neighbor saw it and removed it. He is a retired police officer and knew the protocols for getting rid of it. It is not supposed to go in the regular trash.

Other places occasionally.

Thread Information