Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you pick up litter?

Do you pick up litter?

We have a beautiful park at the end of our block and there is always litter left behind by park-goers. I have started picking up litter on my daily walks. Do you do this too?

I used to pick up litter on my frequent walks up the hill in my neighborhood; once a guy driving by asked if I were part of the garden club. Hahaha! No.

A family has since adopted this road (which leads to an elementary school), so there is no longer a litter problem.

Yes, all the time.

I pick it up in my walks around our park’s perimeter.

I pick it up on my property in a lower socio-economic neighborhood where it is considered perfectly ok to toss crap out of the car windwo. Also, it is common for car owners to pull over to the side of the street, and dump all of their garbage onto the curb. Lovely, lovely people. Not.

on my streetwhich is off the main drag, we dont have a litter problem.sure occasional stuff blows in, but it isnt constant.

I don't because of hygiene. I'm not a germaphobe but I'm not willing to take that much risk. My option would be to walk with gloves and bag and that just doesn't appeal to me.

No because a lot of bending over throws my back out. I have a little rake and shovel at home to pick up dog poop. When walking my dogs I of course bend over to pick up their poop. Now that I think of it I rarely see litter in the park by my house.

I used to bring a bag on my walks; now I would bring a bag and grabbers. I'm not much concerned with germs and I haven't seen medical waste around here, anyway.

The litter here was concentrated near the school--mostly candy wrappers and soft drink cups. I haven't seen much in years. Apparently the little flingers moved on.

Yes. Parks, lakes, rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    No because a lot of bending over throws my back out. I have a little rake and shovel at home to pick up dog poop. When walking my dogs I of course bend over to pick up their poop. Now that I think of it I rarely see litter in the park by my house.
    Well, one of the reasons I pick ip litter around the park is because the bending is good cor my waistline. I’m glad I dont have back problems.

Yes, I do.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Hiking yes. parks no, The Denver parks are super clean and maintained

Thread Information