Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: He's not worthy of power.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I agree that Mueller is a professional and can’t wait to see what his investigation uncovers.
    I agree here, too, and eagerly await the day that findings are announced. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Not necessarily. Mueller is a professional, not a politician.
    I don’t know. Indicting seventeen Russians just before the Putin meeting seems pretty aromatic of politics to me.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I don’t know. Indicting seventeen Russians just before the Putin meeting seems pretty aromatic of politics to me.
    That should have been a potent reminder to a president skipping gaily into Putin's bear ring that he (and his agents) were dangerous, and certainly not to be trusted. Putin must be a mesmerist where Republicans are concerned; who can forget "I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straightforward and trustworthy. We had a very good dialogue. I was able to get a sense of his soul; a man deeply committed to his country and the best interests of his country."--George W Bush in 2001

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    “The person who thinks he is President?”

well, he IS the President of the United States.

What an odd idea.
    I mean, I know he took the oath and all.

But I cannot consider him a President because of the way he acts. The way he lies. The way he changes his opinion based on the most recent person to talk to him. He may hold the office, but he does not act like a President.

Our country at this point in time does not have a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Cellaneous View Post
    I mean, I know he took the oath and all.

But I cannot consider him a President because of the way he acts. The way he lies. The way he changes his opinion based on the most recent person to talk to him. He may hold the office, but he does not act like a President.

Our country at this point in time does not have a leader.
    You dont have to consider him the President, you can have any idea you like. This, in our free country of the U.S.A. is our perogitive.

I was taking issue with your flat declaration that he is not the President of the United States. He does hold the office, through the election process defined by our constitution attendant laws.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    You dont have to consider him the President, you can have any idea you like. This, in our free country of the U.S.A. is our perogitive.

I was taking issue with your flat declaration that he is not the President of the United States. He does hold the office, through the election process defined by our constitution attendant laws.
    IL, I agree with you in the sense that yes, Senor Trump DOES hold the office in terms of legalities and in terms of having been sworn in. True and right you are there. OTOH, on a much deeper level I agree with Miss Cellaneous…….we really don't have a leader in this country at this time - the Helsinki Summit proved this in no uncertain terms to anyone capable of dealing with unpleasant reality. So I'd say on the surface you are right, IL....on a much more deeper level I'd say no, we really don't have a President in this country. It's a question of how deep you are willing to go with the meaning behind the words.....at least as I see it. Rob

Yppej
    Why does he keep going to Scotland? Maybe he is not really a US citizen, but a Scottish citizen.Then he would not really be a legitimate president. Maybe his birth certificate is fake. Maybe the birtherism he unleashed on Obama, and later recanted, was psychological projection.

Williamsmith
    I am reminded of another President who was elected by less than 40% of the popular vote and was considered by many to be an utter fool. His election was thought to be so illegitimate than security had to dress him up and sneak him into Washington DC in the middle of the night. The military thought him a complete imbecile when it came to decision making and some referred to him as the “Original Gorilla.” Half the country thought he was overstepping the boundaries of his office by leaps stepping on the constitution while the other half thought he was getting nothing done. When he gave speeches the media routinely criticized him for his silly ignorance and foreigners considered his election as evidence that the United States was nothing but an insane asylum. He was inundated by so many insults and so often that he remarked he’d rather be dead than put up with it continuously. Despite all the criticisms over his first four years......he was elected again for a second term. Historically speaking, many consider him to have been one of our greatest Presidents. Abraham Lincoln.

Poor Lincoln being compared to a imbecile.

Yppej
    Exactly TT. I remember reading in "How to Win Friends and Influence People" about the great kindness of Lincoln, how reluctant he was to criticize others, and when he had no choice but to how gently he did so.

Thread Information