Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: He's not worthy of power.....

Power is not something someone is awarded for being worthy. If worthiness meant anything much, then human history would look a lot different.

Power is something taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Exactly TT. I remember reading in "How to Win Friends and Influence People" about the great kindness of Lincoln, how reluctant he was to criticize others, and when he had no choice but to how gently he did so.
    Trump isn't fit to speak Abraham Lincoln's name.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Trump isn't fit to speak Abraham Lincoln's name.
    Good way of putting it, thanks Jane! Do you mind if I use this line in my life? Rob

Lincoln. "The Great Tyrant". Suspended habeus corpus. Ignored the Supreme Court. Arrested citizens and detained them. Interfered with the press, the judiciary, and elected officials.

Seems Trump is perhaps more similar than first appears.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Good way of putting it, thanks Jane! Do you mind if I use this line in my life? Rob
    Ayep. I'm pretty sure it's not original.

And re bae's historical notes, ,I don't think he's fit to speak any president's name who was mentally fit and trying to do what was best for the country. I guess I need to specify this country.

Williamsmith
    Lincoln’s plan to address the slavery issue included colonizing the African American slave population. He supported this in policy and in action which many view as prima facia evidence that he was not only a racist but had more than a passing fancy for the ethnic cleansing of America. Trump could not in his wildest imagination ever be as offensive to a good portion of the population as Lincoln was. Many scholarly historians feel Lincoln was forced into emancipating the slaves by circumstances beyond his control in spite of his convictions...not because of them. He stated publicly that he would do anything to preserve the union including freeing all of the slaves, a portion of the slaves or none of them.

Lincoln wanted to jail Supreme Court Justice Taney for ruling against him on suspension of habeas corpus and had a Congressman and Federal Judge arrested.

Not a lot of presidents who are totally great guys.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I understand that we are stuck with him, barring unforeseen events, but I wish there was a way that the 85006 could be immune from his governance for real.Rob
    Taking that packed bag and moving out of his governance while renouncing your citizenship IS a legal way.
    This is not that hard to understand and you keep saying it. You should probably quit complaining/worrying and use that energy to save up for it, so when the funeral is done, and you have no one left here, you head straight to the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Why does he keep going to Scotland? Maybe he is not really a US citizen, but a Scottish citizen.Then he would not really be a legitimate president. Maybe his birth certificate is fake. Maybe the birtherism he unleashed on Obama, and later recanted, was psychological projection.
    Oh no, you’re not going to foist that ‘no mark’ on us! He’s all yours.

Well, he is actually half Scottish, apparently:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Anne_MacLeod_Trump

Thread Information