Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Last call from my family in Vienna......

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    No snark here in this comment, Bae, ok? Try Austrian chocolate sometime.....it's amazing, it really is. Rob
    Does it come with a trigger warning?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Does it come with a trigger warning?
    ? Ich verstehe ganz nicht, was Sie meinen. Rob (I totally don't get your meaning - English translation)

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I disagree with this, Rob, and want to express my personal support for you. My suggestion about renting in mexico for a year was not to tell you to get out; I personally hope you stay as we need people willing to fight for single payer health care. While I am sure you could become an ex-pat, my hope is that you and your husband stay and have a happy life in this country. But if you can't find peace of mind here, I support you exploring options that will make you both happy.

Anyway, I appreciate Americans like yourself who are willing to point out things we need to do to make our country better and stronger and healthier for all of our citizens.
    Thank You, Tybee. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    ? Ich verstehe ganz nicht, was Sie meinen. Rob (I totally don't get your meaning - English translation)
    Have you learned German recently?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Have you learned German recently?
    No Bae, I've spoken it at home and I studied it for four years in college and one year in high school. It was always an easy A for me. I would not say I'm fluent as those years are some time ago but I'd rank myself as under professional and above tourist ability. I am not 100% fluent but can get my points across and make myself understood. Rob

Thread Information