Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: less than 4 days, and close out of improvement plan

less than 4 days, and close out of improvement plan

Okay I still am under this improvement plan, and I am pretty sure that they will use the last week before I went on medical leave to finish it out badly. Very frustrating, I would like to leave on decent terms and felt like I made a lot of progress until that week. There are several things he wrote down as me not adhering to the plan that I simply disagree with. So I am deciding depending on my mental health if I want to turn those in. I also don't want to leave a doormat. I asked if I could send anything ahead of time for the meeting and will only bring what I already have worked on rather than getting into providing more. (pretty sure you all are going to say drop it,

But less than 4 days, my fingerprints are done. My references are waiting on one person. My I9 paperwork is done. I am going to drive by the school this evening and get more excited.

I still feel queasy on my new meds, however I noticed that even with high stress on Monday I had some improvement overall.

What is the point of a meeting since you are leaving? I would avoid it if I could.

If there's something going into your permanent file, I would consider writing a succinct rebuttal, if possible.
    Missing the meeting is a good alternative.

ZG,

1st, I would state that you want HIS supervisor present for this meeting, that you will not do the meeting without her/him.

Then at that meeting, I would present your progress. I suggest you write your progress and read it to them. Ask that this go into your permanent record. Then they can present their progress report.

I know you're going to attend this meeting so I want to be helpful. So take control of this meeting. You can't control the outcome but you can guide the process.

I would call the therapist and the psychiatrist and see whether attending such a meeting is within the guidelines of what they recommend 2 weeks back from medical leave. I imagine they might say not, it is not, and that you should not do so as it will be too stressful. I would then file the appropriate paperwork to that effect and skip any more meetings with them.
    I would also consult an employment attorney, and I would probably be pursuing legal action against them, but I've said that for a while and I know you do not feel it is a good idea.

Anyway, glad you are getting out of there and honestly, if the psychiatrist said to call in sick for 3 days, I would.

Always ask yourself, how is this going to benefit me moving me forward? Other posters have provided a variety of options for you to consider. If you do go, please have your submissions in writing to give them regarding your progress, lack of support and the truly dangerous things happening at the new site. Just bullets are fine. You dont need a long narrative. Sign, date and retain a copy. You can always add more and return.

I second bullet points.

Thank you all, I am considering all the suggestions. There is always the work culture to factor in. And how carefully I will be listened to since I have quite a reputation with supervisors at this point for not getting things done (the 2 week set up period had a LOT of things I simply did not have time for) and talking back (yeah, personality of a double Scorpio, or just direct and honest).

I have a former colleague who has considered an employment attorney, and another person who left under threat of being fired, and they haven't heard we really have a case. So we are looking into it, definitely over my suggested stress level without a team.

NO WAY can I miss this meeting, it closes out my improvement plan and I suppose that would go in my file that I did not complete all the meetings. At least I can say I finished it. His supervisor is out on vacation, the back up is the one who ran the meeting where I came back and got the list of what I left undone so not feeling the love. I am just going to have this meeting in a reasonably public place. It keeps be behavior better. I am also going to send my notes tonight so there is plenty of time before the meeting to be reviewed. I have done this with a few previous meetings and will include that in my notes with the references to the meeting.

I would love to say something about how I have been sharing that I do not feel well, and disclosed a medical condition in March, and yet none of my requests to work with this have been heard. I am not sure that they are at fault because I am supposed to say 'I need X' specifically, and I didn't really have that clear of an idea. However they knew about this when they assigned me the site. If I had in a document I had asked for no extreme last minute changes I would probably be fine. Otherwise he is a crappy manager but not at fault.

Less than 4 days and I am doing the important stuff, taking care of my staff, setting up someone for success for next year, contacting all the providers and staff who work for me, etc. I take care of people,

ZG, please don't provide your feedback in advance of the meeting. Provide it at the meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    ZG, please don't provide your feedback in advance of the meeting. Provide it at the meeting.

Gardnr, what are you thinking that would be better? I am totally open to the idea but usually send things ahead of time per department protocol

Thread Information