Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: less than 4 days, and close out of improvement plan

ZG for heaven’s sake, you should know by know that you wont be “listened to” at least at the level you expect. I am baffled that this is still a serious thought in your mind.

Your fourth paragraph in message #8 seems like a rehash of the same old same old. What is the point?

I guess, if you are certain that you must attend this last performance meeting, then the above comments from other posters here that focus on you providing a short, bulleted rebuttal seems to be the best course of action.

One thing I would really like to see you do is to have a plan in place for professional support in your new job. It will come with stresses, with challanges, with problems. You will need a therapist, a strong relationship with a good one. You will need perhaps other support professionals. I am not sure that this SImple Living group here is the best place for you to get realisitc feedback since we are handicapped by knowing only part of your reality. I also think you do yourself a disservice by,what appears to me, going to many sources for feedback and those sources may just be an echo chamber for you. That centers you in the hole of misery, I think. Just my opinion.

Thank you Iris, I just want something in my file to have my side at least documented. I want to move on, not go back, and turn this in as my clean break. Then I have passed it on.

I agree on the support actually, I have thought about ongoing support. I have been really shaken by this year but maybe it is also a clear sign that I need to keep getting well rounded treatment. I am not taking myself off the list for sliding scale counseling for sure. Thank you for your honesty.

IL made some great points and I am glad that you will continue with counseling. I am a big believer that sometime in everyone's life it will be beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    Thank you Iris, I just want something in my file to have my side at least documented. I want to move on, not go back, and turn this in as my clean break. Then I have passed it on.

I agree on the support actually, I have thought about ongoing support. I have been really shaken by this year but maybe it is also a clear sign that I need to keep getting well rounded treatment. I am not taking myself off the list for sliding scale counseling for sure. Thank you for your honesty.
    I think that makes sense, to have a written rebuttal for the sole purpose of closing up the “improvement plan” file.

Chnaces are no one will ever look at that again, but you never know.

Think about calling your doctor, ZG, and check this out:

https://www.theemployerhandbook.com/...iety-from.html

Hmm interesting Tybee, I don't think that I shouod be excused out of the expectations of my improvement plan. I need to seek treatment consistently and show that it is helping honestly. My concern is that at least 3 times I did not have the same notes from our meetings and 15 times I asked directly for feedback or support and was told no or got no response. I was making real progress by my evidence until given this summer camp assignment. I do feel that for a limited time surrounding my break down there could be some reasonable understanding. But that is up to them,

Why do you even care about closing out the improvement plan when you won’t be working for them anymore?

Tammy it is a small world I work in for after school programs, and if I ever work in the district in any capacity they will have access to some of this file. No matter how sucky it is closure for me. Plus dear lord have I ever had a choice with this supervisor! He will follow me to the ends of the earth to get this done because it is probably his improvement plan to have all these dang meetings. He certainly gets points for persistence. Too bad he had to miss a few because I had a mental breakdown, probably affected his plan. Too bad he was 50% of the cause.

My check out will be with someone else however because he will still be on vacation.

ZG, I have one question. Was it just this year that you have had such issues requiring improvement or it is just with this sup? Can you look back at your previous years and see all the positive activities you provided? Don't answer this here necessarily but in your own thinking.
    Separate this year from all the previous years working in the same situation.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information