Thread: 5 to 1 challenge

5 to 1 challenge

as I transition to a more positive workplace I am going to address my overall outlook and cultivate more positive. So I am giving myself a 5 to 1 challenge. I can either post or respond posts that are interesting and generally positive AT LEAST 5 times for every one post I start or reply to that is stressful, anxious, complainy or generally negative. Even with getting into the scary political world I think we could use this. In fact my Buddhist teacher who is recovering her brain function and very engaged in current issues has started watching funny animal videos as part of her recovery. It helps de-stress her brain.

Seems like a good idea to me, sort of in the same vein as how I decided a few weeks ago to stop going on facebook on the weekend. Everyone's posts now (at least among my friends) are all politics all the time. Having a couple of days off every week has been great.

Yes I made a decision a month ago to be more kind and less judgmental on the internet.

For videos on furry animals, please everyone consider otter vids. ‘Specially baby otter vids.

My FB content remains lilies, lilies, occasionally iris (because the season is over) more lilies, and bulldogs, often puppies.

I put my frirnds who post nothing but political stuff on hold. I will go to their page to read things when I feel like it, but I dont want it mucking up my FB feed.

My FB is pretty positive, even when I post some political things I try to keep to something related to my work (such as not cutting teacher's retirement) and not something too controversial. I figure that parents and school admins can easily find me. Even when I chose to tell people I was leaving my job I kept it simple and positive.

Mostly you will see Buddhist, meditation and Buddhist. I am the admin for several groups and I announce visiting teachers, upcoming events and links to information. Also some cute crochet projects of course and invites to my classes and newsletter.

So that is one pretty positive place for me, but the anonymous nature here tends to make it my venting place.

I will say that in telling people I am leaving our district I have heard a lot of their frustrations or observations but I am sticking with that it has been a positive experience for 7 1/2 years out of 8 and I hope that the department will move towards positive changes.

I'm into goat videos. Their bouncing brightens my day!
    Also I've filled my facebook and instagram with garden groups and hummingbird groups. Nothing makes me happier than a good landscaping project and pretty flowers.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    I'm into goat videos. Their bouncing brightens my day!
    They are a riot!

Thread Information