Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wildfires and smoke

Well, the new furnace filter helped tremendously inside, but the smoke just keeps getting thicker and thicker outside. The predicted storm never came.

The temperature will be over 100 here for the next few days, and that makes everything more difficult. Wearing a mask to walk the dogs is not so bad at 95 degrees, but at 105? Nope!

Air quality is now stuck at "Very Unhealthy."

On the plus side, my house is getting really clean

Blessings and love to all our firefighters out there ❤️✨

This sounds awful. It being hot is bad enough be ause it is likely that 100 degree tempersture is unusual there, but the smoke make is extreme. Ugh. So sorry!

I cannot imagine how horrible that is.

Luckily our air is not as bad. I absolutely hate it when conditions get as bad as they are by you. Luckily that doesn’t happen every summer here. When the air is good enough I try to walk the dogs at 8 before it gets too hot. I am assuming nights cool down somewhat for you guys as it does here.

We do have cool nights, though it will still be 90ish at 8. The mornings are best and I've been pushing myself to get up really early and use that time.

Today I'm really feeling the physical effects - stuffy nose, headache, burning eyes - just from watering the garden, with a mask.

I'm finding fun things to do indoors. Yesterday I spent a long time at the used book shop, and I'm finally using the hula hoop I picked up at a garage sale. I wish I had more work hours but the library cut the substitute budget way back.

I keep thinking how a few days ago I rode my bike to the swimming hole and spent the day lounging and reading and swimming, so perfect.

This too shall pass.

The physical affects are bad and I have asthma. I love the West but hate the fires.

I almost passed out at the farmer's market today. That's it, I'm staying out of the heat and smoke till this passes. No biking, no walking around outdoors except in the very early morning.

I am so surprised that you are so hot by 9. At 9 we are only 70. I don’t deal with heat well either. If we don’t walk the dogs early they don’t get one. Any idea if they are getting the fire under control?

Thanks for asking, I feel like I'm just whining here.
    No, there are many fires and none of them are more than 8% contained, from what I read.
    We have an inversion layer here, and that is not forecasted to clear up in the foreseeable future.
    They have now recommended that all pregnant women and young children go elsewhere.
    Where are they to go?

You are not whining. I lived through a month of that crap 3 years ago and it was terrible. We also get inversions which are not fun. You can buy a mask to keep the smoke out for when you go out. How horrible to try and keep kids inside in the summer.

Thread Information