Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Last real day

Why do you have to sign it? I'm not understanding why you would need to sign off on this.

Just to be clearer, here is my opinion, since you are soliciting opinions. Others may disagree with my opinion, and it may not be of interest to you, either, and that is absolutely fine--you are in control here of this situation.

I would not sign this. I would tell them I am not signing anything unless my attorney tells me to.
    I would take copy of report to employment lawyer and see what employment lawyer says.

I would be pleasant and calm and in control. But I would not sign a document I thought was fraudulent and meant to hurt me.

It’s over. Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Why do you have to sign it? I'm not understanding why you would need to sign off on this.
    Signing a performance appraisal simply means she has received and read it, it does not signal agreement.

In this situation signing or not signing it isnt important.

The important thing is to move on as Tammy suggests.

Again, just my opinion: if it is not important to sign it, then I see no reason to sign it. If I were she, and I signed it, I would feel I had betrayed myself by participating in their attack on me.

Just my opinion, it is totally up to Zoe Girl.

The “signing” bit is the end of a performance appraisal process. It is intended to document that emplyee had access to the performance review.

If ZG doesn't sign it, the supervisor will likely make a note “employee refused to sign” and it is done.

I do not know if this affects her ability to be hired in this school district in the future. I doubt it, but I believe that is the issue she is thinking of.

As a manager, if the process says employee must sign, then the employee must sign. When I have an employee who disagrees, they may write that they disagree along with their signature. They also can write their own evaluation comments. I encourage you to do so such that they are on file. Also leave with a copy of the complete document including your comments attached.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    The “signing” bit is the end of a performance appraisal process. It is intended to document that emplyee had access to the performance review.

If ZG doesn't sign it, the supervisor will likely make a note “employee refused to sign” and it is done.

I do not know if this affects her ability to be hired in this school district in the future. I doubt it, but I believe that is the issue she is thinking of.
    I understand. I was also asking the question you ask in your last paragraph--what is the effect of not signing. I understand that the system wants her to sign. I also understand that they can write anything they want if she does not sign. I do know that sometimes, attorneys tell you not to sign documents unless they have reviewed them.

I have felt in this that Zoe Girl needs to see an employment attorney. And it is totally up to her to decide what she wants to do with all our input, including mine.

I signed with the note that my input would be included. I will see what my new insurance is like and if i ca n keep my counselor. He was more into that they were crap instead of me needing to work on myself.

Very anticlimactic, at his desk in an open area, many people were so happy for me leaving and that helped.

And i am SOOO letting go, I feel it in my body and my mind. Now to work on some new job tasks and schedule car repair. Thank you all SO MUCH for believing in me, i am not sure how i would have managed the last 6 months without this group. You have been honest, real, kind, everything. So go check out my retreat post, ahhhh

No he didnt shadow, someone last year offeredto to but we never set it up, not either persons fault. This yearand i have my list of 15 requests for feedback or support. I am okay letting that go, reflecting on my temper and work as a manager, moving the F on ( inner punk girl never quite dies)

Thread Information