Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Last real day

Last real day

And I didn't pass my plan. I asked if I was on track before the summer prep that gave me a breakdown. He said it came down to one thing, that I disagree with and have evidence for. I already wrote that document so I will just send it and not get worked up.

Meanwhile sup was there when my staff was leaving and saying goodbye. I lots of hugs, sharing emails, and telling them to find me on FB. So he saw that, and commented on how much people love me. Even parents knew my name and welcomed me back. So screw the rest.

Oh yeah I saved everyones bum today. We had a field trip scheduled for today and the place needs their own special waiver. We didn't have the parents do them and no one was even aware they needed to be done. I realized it yesterday afternoon and they were able to work out a movie theater deal instead. No thanks for that, but everyone was busy pulling off a miracle

But, now your done! Able to move on with your life. I know I have been in your shoes and it is really hard not
    to keep reliving the issues over and over. I can tell you it will only hard you.
    Glad you are out of there!

Yes - on to the next chapter and hoping it is a wonderful one!

It won't be long into the new school year when I expect you'll see a job posting for sup's position.

Enjoy your time off and let everything go.

Yppej
    I do think of my old job from time to time and see the constant advertising on Indeed for positions in my former department. Where I am now turnover is extremely low. I hope this is your experience also ZG.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    It won't be long into the new school year when I expect you'll see a job posting for sup's position.
    Haha, yep!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh breathe in.......breathe out. It is finished.

Thank you all, I just got the letter telling me my status and my score on my review. Kinda hard. I got rated as low as you can go without getting fired. Probably would be fired if I didn't have health issues, many years and was leaving. So I am conditionally re-hireable in the district, not great but not un-rehireable. I don't think I want to ever go back but I also know that sometimes new jobs ask about this. I thought I at least got a needs improvement but I got lower than that. That is pretty hard to take right now but actually waiting for it has been worse. I did everything I thought I was asked to do in my improvement plan, but really could not win with this guy. I have my list of 15 things I asked for that I was not responded to and haven't decided whether or not to turn that in.

Of course pissed off but calm. They put in my improvement plan that I have inefficient work habits and therefore my work load is unsustainable. Like who decides this? And was that before or after 6 of us in the same position quit? I will note that I was told I could have support and coaching on this issue and never received any. They also finalized my review on July 20th, the last day before I left for my vacation. I have not been able to review it like I should have been able to 24 hours before I have to sign off on it.

The temper thing, Looking back at losing my temper. Of course 3 out of 4 of us did, but I really lost my temper at times. So I have some insight about this after retreat and need to go forward and work on it. Someone (who is actually really unstable) told me that no one cares why you lost your temper, justified or not, just how you acted. I acted pretty crappy on the first hour back at work when they listed out everything I had not done in the days leading up to my breakdown, all they wanted was for me to take responsibility and I was just so fragile that I was basically arguing back that it was unsustainable work assignment. I don't know what to say, I was losing track, leaving every day in tears, etc. But sometimes mental health looks like that. This is the first time I am going to admit that I was as close to harming myself as I have ever been the last few days I went to work before the break down. Not to cause trauma in anyone reading this, I walked out and called the DR immediately, but I can accept it all better this way.

Going to storage, picking up materials to return to site, and check out at 12:30.
    Last edited by Zoe Girl; 7-30-18 at 8:33am. Reason: confession

I will note that I was told I could have support and coaching on this issue and never received any.
    Not to take anything away from this sucky situation you were in..but didn't your supervisor shadow you one day and you were too busy to really engage with him. Is it possible that was his attempt at support and coaching (even though it may not have come in exactly the package you wanted/expected)?

Thread Information