Thread: BBQ Recipes and Ideas

BBQ Recipes and Ideas

Hi girls and boys I was searchin' over the internet for various recipes on how to make the most tasteful BBQ and stumbled upon this American Barbecue Styles by Regions infographic where I learned something new and got some ideas for my next BBQ party! I wanted to share this with all of you because it look so good and maybe someone could share something similar or perhaps a recipe even? Can't wait for your answers and suggestions

Well, that's cool! I heard a recipe on NPR today - sounded easy. I can't find it, but basically, take a couple of racks of ribs, cover them with your favorite dry rub. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and cook for 3-4 hours in 280 F oven. Take out, mix the juices with BBQ sauce, cover the ribs in sauce and put in your grill over medium heat until the sauce is done. Turn the ribs a couple of times. He said the cooked sauce on the ribs should be like lacquer. Take off of the grill, let cool a bit and chop up for individual ribs.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

I'm sure some of the other members have recipes they can share. Who doesn't look a good BBQ party??

My BBQ is super simple. I cube up tempeh, find a BBQ sauce that does not have high fructose corn syrup, and put it in the crockpot for many hours. Last time I brought this to a potluck it was all eaten up

I love to make my barbecue with a bbq gril mat, the meat and vegetables are roasted so well and tasty

I used to dislike BBQ. But I have made pulled chicken and pulled pork in the crock pot. It is actually good, I think, if you don't put the BBQ sauce in the crock pot but rather just put some sauce on your individual sandwich. Make sense?

That's cool and the inforgraphic looks good. Will try it at home

We've had a Traeger junior for years. DH smokes chicken, pork butt, salmon, beef...whatever. Some get a rub, some get a brine. He makes an amazing Bourbon BBQ sauce too that works with anything.

Thread Information