Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 5 things you like/love about your significant other

Top 5 things you like/love about your significant other

I was talking to a couple friends about the things they love about their significant others. It was like a form of gratitude.

So I thought I would ask on here this question:

What are the top 5 things you like/love about your significant other?

If your significant other had passed away, please feel free to answer still.

His great sense of humor, he loves my kids and will do anything for them, he stands up for me, he shows me love daily and is always willing to compromise.

Mine just announced Saturday night that she’s divorcing me, and left our home, driving halfway across the country to her new life. This was 15 minutes before guests were arriving for a dinner party we were throwing. So, I’ll have to think a bit on the question.

I love this.

a) He is my outgoing half. I feel SO confident out in public with him because I can have fun and he does all the heavy lifting (although it's not heavy lifting for him)
    b) He love theatre like I do--and that common interest spurred our early dating life. But now we share other common interests, like gardening and sitting outside admiring the sky.
    c) He served in the Marines--it must have been such a challenge for him because he is NOT oriented towards difficult challenges. But he did it. He's afraid of heights but he rapelled out of helicopters. He is a hedonist, but he survived boot camp at Paris Island. In 1970, he was, frankly, a bit of a racist, but he learned in the Marines that we are all one.
    d) He has an amazing sense of humor and I laugh all the time
    e) We have a history. We have 4 children and we have been up and down, in the crapper and out, through thick and thin, we have remained true to our marriage vows (more or less). My friend and I were talking about wrinkles once, and I told her that I love the wrinkles on my husband's face because every line is a road I've traveled with him.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Mine just announced Saturday night that she’s divorcing me, and left our home, driving halfway across the country to her new life. This was 15 minutes before guests were arriving for a dinner party we were throwing. So, I’ll have to think a bit on the question.
    What????? OMG, I am so sorry, bae!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

bae! I am sorry to hear this. What is going on?!

Bae, I'm so sorry.

Oh bae, that is so rough. I am very sorry.

1. Great sense of humor-willing to laugh with me and at me.
    2. Loves me unconditionally-on our way to 40 years!
    3. My gentle protector.
    4. Shares in the tasks/chores of our daily life.
    5. For decades we've had a shared financial vision. Money has not been cause for angry words in nearly 30 years!

Williamsmith
    Bae.....that’s a shit sandwich. But for some reason, I feel like you will persevere and come out the other side in tact.

1. My wife knows I will lay down my life for her and I know she would do the same for me.

2. My wife does not have to speak nor do I. It’s all in the eyes.

3. My wife knows that once I am gone she does not need to wear my memory around like a ball and chain.

4. My wife was committed to me when I was nothing, whatever one of us entered into the other supported.

5. If there is such a thing as soul sacrifice....she embodies it.

Thread Information