Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Top 5 things you like/love about your significant other

So sorry, bae.

My DH had a meltdown when our kids left the nest and we separated for a short time. I even went with him to check out his new apartment.

It's a confusing and disruptive time for parents, and I'm sure your wife's depression exacerbated those feelings. I hope you find support in your family and community, and I hope both of you are able to move on in due time.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Many people have difficulty with the empty nest. As for me I was doing the happy dance after raising 3 boys. It was short lived as they all boomeranged back for awhile. Then we took in my youngest step son at 13. He is a great person now but a pain as a teenager. Enjoying our golden years now)

bae i don't post much but i was very sorry to read your news.

Bae, like Mary I don't post much. But I follow you all with interest, and my heart goes out to you, your wife, and daughter.
    I'm wishing your family well.

Bae, I'm sorry that you are going through this. Prayers and positive energies going out to you.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Bae... my condolences too! Hope you are able to keep a chin up!

Bae, very sorry to hear this.

bae, just saw the backstory on your divorce. I'm so sorry ... divorce is a terrible experience, particularly when you're the leave-ee in circumstances like this. I wish you peace and strength and lots of support.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Bae, I hadn't read this thread because I don't have a SO and I have been divorced for a long time. SO I just read what you are going through! I am so sorry, I am on the side of the mental illness and that is exactly why I work so hard at being well. It is very hard work, but even if having a mental illness is unfair it is still our work to do. From everything you have shared I get the sense you have been very supportive and understanding, that doesn't always happen. It reminds me of my best friend who was always supportive of her ex who was going through major depression. Turns out he was just serial cheating,

Sorry to take over here. What I loved about my SO 20 years ago when I still did love him was that we could talk forever, we had common interests, and he was willing to be very goofy with me (like playing cooking show while we made dinner with funny accents). We got out and hiked and camped with the kids, valued healthy eating, and he supported me turning off the TV for months at a time. Something about starting to earn a lot more money changed however, all his narcissistic qualities came out. I have seen that in other cases, very sad

Thread Information