Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 things you like/love about your significant other

Bae - I'm sorry. Is this something that she's done before? I'm wondering if it comes out of her depression?

I'm struggling with this relationship currently so going to stay quiet on my own situation but I'll say we're committed and we'll get through this stage.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Sometimes things that seem horrible turn out for the best. My ex was devastated when I left him but we are both much happier now. We went to counseling many times and really tried but in the end I wasn’t going to sacrifice my life to stay in a bad marriage. Sometimes the healthiest thing you can do is to move on. I have known people that stayed married their entire lives but hated each other. FO, all relationships hit rough patches. Just a part of life. Hope things get better soon.

Sorry bae!

1. He fixes it all and isn't afraid to try something new ( how about YouTube?)
    2. He's honest and has integrity
    3. I just *know* he loves me...can't explain that one, but it is!
    4. Most of the time, we're a team and in agreement
    5. Our long term views and goals are similar

Bae, that sucks big-time. What a punch to the gut! Was there a clue?

My SO:
    1) The most truthful, honest person I know. NEVER lies. EVER.
    2) Thoughtful, reliable.
    3) Understands my need to have space occasionally.
    4) He supports all my dabbling, even though he knows something else shiny will come along
    5) He has a cute butt
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

He let me be me--very important--he loved me uncritically.
    He was playful and open to new experiences.
    He was endlessly helpful and supportive to my parents in their final illnesses, and to me through various pet deaths.
    He was quick to fix little problems around my house.
    Chemistry. And facial hair.

We were practically polar opposites, but did have cats, spicy food, and basic values in common.

Oh bae--what a shocker! Like others, I hope something good comes out of this.

Bae, wishing you all the strength and support surrounding you as you both work through this. So sorry for this to happen.

What I remember the most:
    - DH had the most beautiful blue eyes when happy and dark grey when not, the most perfectly shaped mouth which curved up continually
    - a wink from him could calm me down in an instant
    - game for and supportive of any new adventure
    - the impossible? He just said it would take a little longer but it got done
    - family always came first
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

Bae, I'm so sorry to hear this.

Here are my five:
    * He's very creative and inspires me to be more creative.
    * He is a musical genius. I like being around someone who is completely driven by their passions.
    *He has excellent manners.
    * He is a terrific dad to our daughter.
    *He thinks I know everything

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Bae - I'm sorry. Is this something that she's done before? I'm wondering if it comes out of her depression?
    This is almost entirely the result of her lifelong struggle with major depression - the recent deaths of her parents and the recent empty-nest business have knocked her for a loop. Everything here - me, the house, her friends, the community, her activities her - all simply remind her of her depression and make things worse for her.

We've been engaged in some pretty heavy duty therapy for months now, but suddenly this weekend she decided to head off for a bright shiny new world, untouched by things that drag her down.

I hope it turns out well for her. As she was packing to leave, she said "I can only think of two ways out, ending our relationship and life here, or ending myself".

So, sorta terrified, and having people on her route check in on her.

I don't expect she'll be back this time. I'm just hoping it all turns out OK for her.

I'm basically in mourning now, it's as if my best friend/lover/wife of decades has died. The depression has driven out most of her normal personality and attachment to reality.

Boo.

Im hoping shes not being driven into hypomania by antidepressants. Hoping she has psychiatry for med management in her new location.

Major depression is a horrible disease. Wishing both of you well and peace.