Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you write letters anymore?

In my youth, I kept mementos from boyfriends because I didnt have a lot of them, boyfriends or mementos! Haha. Also, I liked the idea of one thing at minimum from each relationship, sort of a representstive archive of sentiment. It suited my organizational aesthetic. Then, the stuff started coming regularly, and, secure in these relationships, I tossed most all of it. It was too much, who needs that stuff?!!! Then, there was a period of, to be purposely vague,
    insecurity shall we say. I kept everything from that period, dozens. Everything!

so, a few months ago, after all of these things take up space in my head for too long, I sat down, looked at each object and read each missive, and then pitched them all into the fire. Except for about 3 that is! cant let those go yet. But they are occupying unwelcome space in my head so I think they are destined to leave soon.

Funny thing l I loved high school and it was a great time. I am still really close to 4 of my friends and once every few years we fly to meet each other. Still I had no use for the yearbooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Catherine, the last time I moved I threw away my yearbooks.
    Wow! I could throw away my college yearbook with no regrets, but I have so many fond memories of high school, I can't imagine throwing it out. I would have to ask myself if I have any use for it at all, but I still enjoy looking at it from time to time, especially around reunion time. And since I have my 50th coming up in 2 years (Yikes!!) I'll keep it until 2021 at least.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I wasn’t always like this but I have definitely changed in this area. I have cleaned out 2 in laws homes and it wasn’t fun. I am finding myself less attached to things as I age. I also helped some friends clean out because they were dying and their stuff was nothing but a burden and not fun to deal with. I have my memories and don’t need physical items to look at. I actually take very few pictures on vacation.

I only write letters to politicians. Supposedly they take paper more seriously than email.

I've always loved sending and receiving. I still have every letter ever sent to me. I took up painting again a few years back and now I enjoy making watercolor cards which I send to my clients. Wouldn't dream of ever sending a thank you via email.