Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Bad news from the Homeland.......

I felt so sick and horrified visiting Dachau especially seeing the ovens. After we came out and were waiting for the bus back to Munich we saw a welcome to the town sign describing it as beautiful and scenic, no mention of what happened there. Someone had put graffiti on it, "Lies!"

Rob, I have had moving experiences before but nothing came close to this. I was determined to finish the tour. I find it inconceivable what people will do to each other. Since the individual mandate to buy health insurance went away you again find people that can’t afford the premium and probably don’t get enough of a subsidy. Trump has really gutted it and has made sure it is unsustainable. In some states it is working better than others.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Rob, I have had moving experiences before but nothing came close to this. I was determined to finish the tour. I find it inconceivable what people will do to each other. Since the individual mandate to buy health insurance went away you again find people that canít afford the premium and probably donít get enough of a subsidy. Trump has really gutted it and has made sure it is unsustainable. In some states it is working better than others.
    TT, something that I will share to give you an idea of how sensitive I personally am to such, and I take it you share this sensitivity, too (kudos, btw, in my book!!!!!)......when I was an assistant dining room manager at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon several years ago, one of the bartenders was making a "joke" - in front of guests, mind you - involving Jews, the ovens, and pizza. I will not repeat the "joke" but I will say that a minute or two after I walked away from the situation, walking down a flight of stairs from the main lobby into the dining room, the room started spinning and I started retching - right in the middle of the dining room. I moved as quickly as I could while everything was still spinning to get to the employee bathroom which luckily was vacant and I threw up and stayed in that bathroom a good half hour during the dinner rush - not good but I was of no use on the floor with everything spinning.

The Dining Room Manager thought the "joke" was stupid, but essentially harmless BS from someone young who didn't know any better yet, and refused to discipline this person. I flipped a coin in my head and it landed on call corporate in Scottsdale, AZ to bring them into the loop.....good thing I did too as a couple from Tel Aviv, Israel, was sitting nearby waiting to be called by the host stand for their dinner table, and they overheard everything and made numerous calls, finally getting the number of corporate in Scottsdale.

After their complaint, and my faxed letter detailing my witnessing the entire event, the bartender was let go. And I don't feel like I was overboard or extreme or excessive or power tripping - some things you just don't "joke" about in a public setting, especially a business setting. Preferably not at all, but most especially not in a public business setting!

I just wanted to share how such impacts me. You are not alone in this, TT. Rob

Rob, that is terrible. I am glad it was reported. Some people have no common sense. If that made you sick probably a bad idea to go to any of the death camps.