Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad news from the Homeland.......

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    If you can’t tell the difference between a typical police officer and a Nazi, it could be that your thought processes bear some similarities to the latter.
    Bingo!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    If you can’t tell the difference between a typical police officer and a Nazi, it could be that your thought processes bear some similarities to the latter.
    My life experience in lower-income America has taught me to agree to disagree with you. I have not interacted with you to the extent that I have with others, LDAHL, I'll give you that but my suspicion? You don't live in the same America as I do though legally and geographically it is so........for the most part we don't live in the same country. For better or worse I suspect this just is - and in my country what you have posted is not the reality nor will it play here or go over well or not been seen straight through by the majority of the population. So it is. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Bingo!
    As I've posted in response to you before, Alan, with all due respect - truly we don't live in the same country. At this late date at the age of 51, I would not want to live in your country.....realistically it would be a horrible fit for me in many ways. Would you care to live in my country? No snark here, it's an honest question though I won't hold it against you if you choose not to answer. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    My life experience in lower-income America has taught me to agree to disagree with you. I have not interacted with you to the extent that I have with others, LDAHL, I'll give you that but my suspicion? You don't live in the same America as I do though legally and geographically it is so........for the most part we don't live in the same country. For better or worse I suspect this just is - and in my country what you have posted is not the reality nor will it play here or go over well or not been seen straight through by the majority of the population. So it is. Rob
    I have trouble accepting that you can slime tens of thousands of honorable people on the basis of some alternate reality you claim to inhabit. How is that different from any other bigot justifying his hatred for a broad group based on his individual experience?

I have enough faith in my fellow man to believe my objection to your “cop = nazi” assertion would not be “seen through” in any zip code.
    Last edited by LDAHL; 7-25-18 at 12:26pm.

I have lived all over the country and police departments really vary. I think a attitude develops on what is acceptable or not. I have lived where they have been awesome and where I live now not so much. Of course every department has good cops and bad ones. It is a tough job. Also some sick people go into the profession because they get off on having power over people. You can never paint a entire group of people with a broad brush and be accurate.

I have trouble accepting that you can slime tens of thousands of honorable people on the basis of some alternate reality you claim to inhabit. How is that different from any other bigot justifying his hatred for a broad group based on his individual experience?

I have enough faith in my fellow man to believe my objection to your “cop = nazi” assertion would not be “seen through” in any zip code.
    Methinks everyday life in the 85006 AND also many other similar US zip codes would be a really shocking eye opener for you, then........Rob

Methinks everyday life in the 85006 AND also many other similar US zip codes would be a really shocking eye opener for you, then........Rob
    Maybe, if I could afford to live there. As we saw earlier in the year, you poor people in the 85006 sure have some high end digs.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 7-25-18 at 8:28pm.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Maybe, if I could afford to live there. As seyermined earlier in the year, you poor people in the 85006 sure have some high end digs.
    It is true that parts of the 85006 are gentrifying but my part of the 85006 has not as of yet and is not as crazily priced as some of the rest of this zip code. Anything near the Coronado neighborhood for example is going to be very pricey regardless of the zip code said property is attached to. Rob

I would be shocked indeed to learn large numbers of people in any part of the country harbored the kind of ill-founded hatred displayed here. Fortunately, that seems to be limited to an unhappy few.

I would be shocked indeed to learn large numbers of people in any part of the country harbored the kind of ill-founded hatred displayed here. Fortunately, that seems to be limited to an unhappy few.
    Yowsa.....the 85006 would be culture shock for you. How much culture shock it would be depends on how much you are capable of seeing things through the eyes of others and how much you can put yourself in the shoes of others. I don't know you IRL so I can't really say how much culture shock there would be for you. But, here's an interesting tidbit: Culture shock is a two way street. I often to this day find myself eavesdropping on conversations when I am in "better" zip codes - on secret shops, in restaurants, on those few occasions I voluntarily enter a "better" zip code.....and I find myself sometimes shocked at what I hear in conversations of those who don't know struggle or who have not known it recently or who live in denail of past struggles.

As to hatred....no, just cold blooded reality and cold blooded assessment of the citizenship as it really is....no exceptions, no excuses, and no equivocation. Just reality. This aspect of US citizenship truly is third world in nature and completely unacceptable given the hypocritical way America tries to set itself up in the world/wishes to be seen by the world. Ill founded? I invite you to watch video after video after video of police brutality, and should you have the emotional strength to do so, I invite you to learn of the sorry spectacle of the cold blooded illegal murder of Justine Damond by the Minneapolis PD. This could serve as a starting point to learn the truth of American police.....from there you can springboard to many non high profile illegal murders commited by the US police every day all around this country. Trust me, once you learn all this - no way will you ever see America the same way again nor will you ever have much praise for it. Many don't seem to have the emotional strength to face these realities - something I don't understand one bit as to me facing such is like breathing air - automatic. Whatever.

At any rate, no ill-founded hatred here. Just the results of the society I live in and from years of comparison shopping the citizenship. Rob

Thread Information