Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
I sure miss the quality of things in the past. Seems like it isn't out there anymore....in spite of things still costing alot.
Many things certainly are better. Used to be if you got 20,000 miles out of a set of tires, you lit a candle and said a prayer. There are no more "tube testers" at your local drug store or hardware store because tubes (and the wait and the heat and the misalignment that were endemic) are history for all but those who actively seek them out. A transcontinental air flight -- despite today's pinched seats and non-existent legroom -- is a pleasure compared to the unpressurized ordeal it used to be. Sure, many things are made cheaper. But not all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Cellaneous
Kitchenaid still stands behind its products, so I'd do the exchange through them.
One question I would ask KA, though, is if you'd be getting a new replacement product or a refurbished one and what the warranty looks like (clock starts on a new warranty/remainder of original warranty/90 days for a replacement product, etc.).