Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JC Penney's packaging........

JC Penney's packaging........

Awhile back I ordered a pair of shoes and 2 bras from JC Penney online. It came in a huge plastic bag and the shoebox was crushed. (Shoes okay though).
    This time I ordered 4 small packages of assorted underware and a glass measuring cup. Here's what they sent it all in and this doesn't count the plastic that each set of underware is in).

I think Penney's wins the "Worst packaging and waste of materials" award. Makes me think driving 21 miles just to the store would be the better thing to do.......but you never know what merchandise would be available once you got there.
    Geez......can't they figure out how wasteful this is? I'm going to write them.

That bigger box is 14" wide and 19" tall.

IMG_9782.jpg

Anything glass has to be double boxed...so that's what they did.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Twice, my mom has ordered slacks from JCP and twice they @rrive in a plastic bag looking slept in. The creasing doesn't come out with a wash, either...one pair we returned but got stuck with the second...

But they could have put the other small stuff in a slightly bigger box, rather than that huge box and all that other plastic.
    I know Amazon does that sometimes and it seems so wasteful.
    I've read that recycling places are having trouble with so much cardboard now because of Amazon. I wonder if it would be best for the environment if I just burned my cardboard?
    So many issues to worry about.........air, soil, water, oceans, etc., etc.

I didn't even need the $5 glass measuring cup, but it saved me a couple bucks on shipping, since it put me over the necessary total for free shipping, so it made the shipment free, plus the glass measuring cup was about half price.

So much to figure out when the companies go to great length to manipulate things.

I have had trouble with Kohls in the past too. the first time I ordered online from them, I received someone else's order! the whole thing was a fiasco.
    I had forgotten all about that when I bought a mixer from them recently online again, and it's less than perfect.

I have to say, I've never had trouble with Amazon, as far as being on time and undamaged and the correct item.

We were just talking about this. A friend ordered a ceramic moose cookie jar. The company packed it in a plastic bag. It was going to Alaska and you can imagine what happened.

I ordered some dishes and an exercise weight and they both arrived in the same box. The delivery man looked at me and said "you are not going to accept this". Both of us could hear the broken dishes as he carried the box to our door and back to his truck.

Ceramic moose cookie jar in plastic bag and dishes and exercise weight in same box. Good grief...where is packing control. 14 year shipping art glass and I had two pieces break, that's it. Maybe I should go into packing consulting business.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I just received my Amazon Prime Day auxiliary Instant Pot (!), which could have just arrived in its original box, but was sent in a much larger box with a big twist of paper (?). Luckily, I was just gathering small, flattened boxes to send to an Etsy friend, and the jumbo container worked perfectly for that. The six foot paper twist will line the bottom of my yard wast/compost bin.

Sweetana.......was that stuff from Penneys?

I remember it being Target that did that crazy mix.

Thread Information