Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: This is new....something positive for once (regarding the workplace)......

  1. #11
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,721
    I wondered how long it would take one of Robís disagreers to come throw shade on this thread.

  2. #12
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,528
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I wondered how long it would take one of Rob’s disagreers to come throw shade on this thread.
    Should Rob be off-limits to any and all disagreements or should he be treated as an equal, and sometimes wrong, contributor?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    4,532
    Equal

  4. #14
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Equal
    Agreed! Just making sure since I'm woefully out of sync with which individuals or groups should be immune from real world thoughts and opinions.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  5. #15
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Should Rob be off-limits to any and all disagreements or should he be treated as an equal, and sometimes wrong, contributor?
    I guess if the comment had tied in to anything rob had previously said I'd agree. For instance I'm fine with yppej turning every discussion Ultralight brings up into a student loan thread. I may disagree with their opinion and don't think it adds to whatever discussion is at hand but it's at least somehow logically tied back to Ultralight. But only a fool or a jerk would try to twist someone not liking new experiences into meaning that they wouldn't like being appreciated at work.

  6. #16
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,259
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I guess if the comment had tied in to anything rob had previously said I'd agree. For instance I'm fine with yppej turning every discussion Ultralight brings up into a student loan thread. I may disagree with their opinion and don't think it adds to whatever discussion is at hand but it's at least somehow logically tied back to Ultralight. But only a fool or a jerk would try to twist someone not liking new experiences into meaning that they wouldn't like being appreciated at work.
    Thank You, jp1. I rather suspect IRL you are a decent and understanding person. Rob

  7. #17
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,259
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I wondered how long it would take one of Rob’s disagreers to come throw shade on this thread.
    Longer than I would have thought LOL......it's cool. I have very thick skin and it's only getting thicker as I get older. Rob

  8. #18
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,259
    I wasn't going to post anything else on this thread, but given the recent direction of this thread, I just wanted to say Thank You to those who posted kind and supportive words, no need to mention any names. For those who did so I really appreciate this. Rob

  9. #19
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,528
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I guess if the comment had tied in to anything rob had previously said I'd agree. For instance I'm fine with yppej turning every discussion Ultralight brings up into a student loan thread. I may disagree with their opinion and don't think it adds to whatever discussion is at hand but it's at least somehow logically tied back to Ultralight. But only a fool or a jerk would try to twist someone not liking new experiences into meaning that they wouldn't like being appreciated at work.
    I'm glad to know you're keeping track of everyone's comments. I'm often accused of saying things I didn't say, thinking thoughts I haven't thought and having opinions I've never expressed, so it will be a relief to have someone watching my back. Thanks in advance!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  10. #20
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I'm glad to know you're keeping track of everyone's comments. I'm often accused of saying things I didn't say, thinking thoughts I haven't thought and having opinions I've never expressed, so it will be a relief to have someone watching my back. Thanks in advance!
    I can't claim to have a photographic memory like Rainman but I try!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •