Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is new....something positive for once (regarding the workplace)......

I wondered how long it would take one of Rob’s disagreers to come throw shade on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I wondered how long it would take one of Rob’s disagreers to come throw shade on this thread.
    Should Rob be off-limits to any and all disagreements or should he be treated as an equal, and sometimes wrong, contributor?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Equal

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Equal
    Agreed! Just making sure since I'm woefully out of sync with which individuals or groups should be immune from real world thoughts and opinions.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Should Rob be off-limits to any and all disagreements or should he be treated as an equal, and sometimes wrong, contributor?
    I guess if the comment had tied in to anything rob had previously said I'd agree. For instance I'm fine with yppej turning every discussion Ultralight brings up into a student loan thread. I may disagree with their opinion and don't think it adds to whatever discussion is at hand but it's at least somehow logically tied back to Ultralight. But only a fool or a jerk would try to twist someone not liking new experiences into meaning that they wouldn't like being appreciated at work.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I guess if the comment had tied in to anything rob had previously said I'd agree. For instance I'm fine with yppej turning every discussion Ultralight brings up into a student loan thread. I may disagree with their opinion and don't think it adds to whatever discussion is at hand but it's at least somehow logically tied back to Ultralight. But only a fool or a jerk would try to twist someone not liking new experiences into meaning that they wouldn't like being appreciated at work.
    Thank You, jp1. I rather suspect IRL you are a decent and understanding person. Rob

Longer than I would have thought LOL......it's cool. I have very thick skin and it's only getting thicker as I get older. Rob

I wasn't going to post anything else on this thread, but given the recent direction of this thread, I just wanted to say Thank You to those who posted kind and supportive words, no need to mention any names. For those who did so I really appreciate this. Rob

I'm glad to know you're keeping track of everyone's comments. I'm often accused of saying things I didn't say, thinking thoughts I haven't thought and having opinions I've never expressed, so it will be a relief to have someone watching my back. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I'm glad to know you're keeping track of everyone's comments. I'm often accused of saying things I didn't say, thinking thoughts I haven't thought and having opinions I've never expressed, so it will be a relief to have someone watching my back. Thanks in advance!
    I can't claim to have a photographic memory like Rainman but I try!

Thread Information