Thread: I am back, that was awesome!!

I am back, that was awesome!!

Okay back from retreat and I can't really explain how amazing it was. If you want to see pictures of where I was check out Rocky Mountain Ecodharma Retreat Center. This won't capture it but I can share some things.

The practice in nature was so perfect, we practiced outside every morning about 6 am, one morning it was overlooking 5 moose having breakfast in the meadow and meditating with us! Then breakfast and pack a lunch to be out until 1 or 2 depending on the rain forecast. In the evening whenever possible practice and dharma talk in a clearing with a 'fire' (fire ban in Colorado so a battery lamp). Everyone had a solo, 48 hours camping alone in the forest which included only the food you could keep in a bear can. Some people had bear or moose really close, my animal encounter was a hummingbird who flew so close to my face that my bangs were fluttering.

The group was the best I ever sat retreat with. Very cohesive and strong practice. The retreat manager who has been doing this for decades said it was the strongest practice she had seen which spoke to our collective effort. The only way to describe it was that we had 3 bathrooms, only one shower (2 showers each allowed over 8 days) and 30 people. There was no bathroom conflict.

Since this place is a little over an hour from my house I am going to the next work day with my sewing machine because the curtains were just bad! A large house built in the 30's of course, but I can offer this as my support.

Tomorrow check out at work, Thursday start my new job,

Glad you enjoyed it and feel good about the experience. I went to a 3 day retreat once that was fun but had silent breakfast and I kept forgetting. I finally figured out just to eat and get outside quick. They were vegetarians and we weren’t so had a few funny moments. However, the class we took was excellent and it was fun to do yoga, chanting, etc.

Yes, for some people the hardest part is the food. I have always had very simple vegetarian meals on retreat. There was one young man that I cautioned against leaving retreat and eating every junk food he missed because it can really make you feel like crap.

Great news! Sounds you return in a terrific positive frame of mind, ready for your new job!

Wonderful to see your positive report on the retreat! With the new job about to start in your life … I am glad you could conspire and collaborate in this beautiful retreat.

OM, OM on the range, where the deer and the antelope play;
    Where seldom is heard a discouraging word,
    And the skies are not cloudy all day.

How punny, Dado!

Yes Dado, can I borrow that?

Sounds wonderful! I'm so glad you had a good time.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information