Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Anniversary Meal

Garlic and cream cheese in the mashed potatoes is a great combo.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Sometimes the simplest is the best. I have found that trying to add too much to any recipe means that the original flavour that one enjoys is muted or lost.

May I suggest that your modus of operandi in cooking should be to focus or freshness and simplicity. Have a variety of condiments that your diners can choose from and leave it up to them to make or destroy.

EG: Garlic is great when cooked with potatoes that are mashed with butter and milk. Then add small dishes of grated cheese, some additional butter, diced green onions, actual cooked and diced bacon, gravy, etc for the diners to make their choice. Make those accents really good quality and tasty.
    Wow! Sounds good. I'm taking note of your suggestions. Thank you so much!

I like truffle oil with potatoes.

I just like butter, salt, and pepper in my mashed potatoes, along with a little cream or whole milk if I do not have cream.

Would serve with turkey breast and Watkins turkey gravy (it's really good) and a nice salad.

I make a homemade stuffing and put it on top of pork chops. Then you cover and bake. If you put butter, milk and sour cream in the mashed potatoes they are delicious.

Thread Information